Cathedral Quarter Belfast fire started deliberately, say police BelfastTelegraph.co.uk A fire at a derelict building in Belfast’s Cathedral Quarter on Saturday night is being treated as arson. https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/cathedral-quarter-belfast-fire-started-deliberately-say-police-38521807.html https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/incoming/article38521805.ece/4849c/AUTOCROP/h342/BT_K2331.jpg Email A fire at a derelict building in Belfast’s Cathedral Quarter on Saturday night is being treated as arson. Fire crews were called to a derelict building on Donegall Street at 8.56pm. Six appliances attended the blaze and firefighters wearing breathing apparatus brought the fire under control using firefighting jets. Three appliances remained at the site over night. Police said on Sunday morning that it is believed the blaze was started deliberately. Detective Sergeant William Arnott said: “I would appeal to anyone who noticed any suspicious activity in and around Donegall Street, Belfast last night or anyone who has information that could assist us with our investigation to contact detectives at Musgrave on the non-emergency number 101, quoting reference 2059 21/09/19. “Alternatively, information can also be provided to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111, which is 100% anonymous and gives people the power to speak up and stop crime.” The nearby Muddlers Club restaurant, posting on Facebook, said: “It was an eventful night at the Muddlers Club tonight. Just… Read full this story
- Londesborough Hotel fire was started deliberately, say police
- Watch: Belfast has its say on Brexit
- Attacks in Northern Ireland town 'raise tensions' say police in appeal for 'cool heads'
- UDA responsible for Larne violence, says police chief
- Knife victim’s mother says police must have stop-and-search powers
- Teenager baked grandfather’s ashes into biscuits, say police
- Stratford man from viral cat abuse video found with cats, say police
- Missing woman may now be in Bristol say police
- Man filmed racially abusing woman on Ryanair flight identified, say police
- Fatal flat fire in Sheffield was started deliberately – but is not suspicious
Cathedral Quarter Belfast fire started deliberately, say police have 325 words, post on www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk at September 22, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.