Billy Porter makes Emmys history – and the category is ‘love’NEW YORK: And the category, a jubilant Billy Porter said as he made Emmys history, “is love, y’all, love.” Porter, known for making fashion statements on red carpets, became the first openly gay man to win an Emmy for Best Actor in a Drama Series for his role of Pray Tell on FX’s “Pose.” “I am so overwhelmed and so overjoyed that I have lived long enough to see this day,” said Porter, rocking a towering asymmetrical cowboy hat and sparkling striped trousers.He quoted James Baldwin, speaking on stage of the many years it took of “vomiting up filth that I had been taught about myself and halfway believed before I could walk around this Earth like I had a right to be here.” Porter added, “I have the right, you have the right, we all have the right.”As the crowd listened intently, Porter thanked his mother, Clorinda, saying “there’s no stronger, more resilient woman who has graced this earth. I love you mommy.” He also thanked his show’s co-creator, Ryan Murphy: “Ryan Murphy, you saw me! You believed in us.”The LGBTQ advocacy group GLAAD congratulated Porter in a statement… Read full this story
- PC Gaming Hardware Market Reaches $30 Billion Making a History
- Interview: A History of... ?
- I Hate Myself For Loving You – EA
- Obsidian’s Feargus Urquhart talks about the studio’s history, his start
- Hearts of Iron 4 Review: Lets You Alter History-Again
- Thomas Edison Predicted Nobody Would Be Able to Make Phone Calls Across the Atlantic Ocean
- LINUX BLOG SAFARI Dell's 'Love Letter' to Linux: Now You See It, Now You Don't?
- OPINION Making Considered Choices: An Open Letter to Joe Barr
- Titanfall producer: “I don’t know if it’s making a profit. I don’t care”
- SnapMap doesn’t make up for Doom’s lack of mod support
Billy Porter makes Emmys history – and the category is ‘love’ have 325 words, post on www.manilatimes.net at September 23, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.