NEW YORK — Big Sean, A$ap Ferg, Halsey and Migos rocked Rihanna’s Savage X Fenty crowd Tuesday from a color-saturated stage at the Barclays Center as Normani and Laverne Cox joined an army of supermodels and dancers in a showcase of her latest loungewear and lingerie.
But don’t look for her juicy new collection on social media, in a big way at least. The curated audience heavy on young influencers had their phones locked in cases for the New York Fashion Week show that was filmed for streaming Sept. 20 exclusively on Amazon Prime.
Rule-breakers spent the rest of the evening posting blurry and dimly lit clips taken with sneaked-in phones.
Rihanna did right by her fans by putting her latest teddies and other lacy pieces on sale at Amazon after the 40-minute show.
- Is Rihanna’s ‘Visual Autobiography’ a Triumph or a Tease?
- Siberian child model rocks European catwalks
- Belfast Fashion Spy: 'Hailey Bieber makes comfy stylish'
- At last… the world of fashion embraces the menopause
- Get stuck in: how the humble sticker went high-fashion
- Going out in style: The highs and lows of fashion month
- Rihanna says 'the most mentally ill human being in America right now seems to be the president' as she talks her ninth album with Vogue
- Kacey Musgraves shows her taut midriff in neon green zebra print at Rihanna's Savage x Fenty NYFW show
- Rihanna reveals her dream wedding dress designer as she gushes about billionaire boyfriend Hassan Jameel
- Rihanna is a natural beauty as she steps out makeup-free in sleek monochromatic cream look ... after she opened up about turning down Superbowl halftime performance