Authorities in Mississippi say a part-time auxiliary deputy has been arrested for misappropriating $6,500 in customer payments from a local business.
News outlets report 47-year-old Jefferey Allen Banks turned himself in Thursday and was charged with embezzlement.
A Lowndes County Sheriff’s Office statement says Banks worked for the department since April 2017 and also worked at a Columbus business.
The statement says the business told authorities that Banks received money from customers and never reported or deposited it into the business’ account.
The statement says Banks was fired from the department Wednesday after the investigation.
The name of the business wasn’t immediately released. It’s unclear whether Banks has an attorney who can comment.
BEFORE YOU GO…
… we’d like to ask for your support. More people are reading the Mississippi Business Journal than ever before, but advertising revenues for all conventional media are falling fast. Unlike many, we do not use a pay wall, because we want to continue providing Mississippi’s most comprehensive business news each and every day. But that takes time, money and hard work. We do it because it is important to us … and equally important to you, if you value the flow of trustworthy news and information which have always kept America strong and free for more than 200 years.
If those who read our content will help fund it, we can continue to bring you the very best in news and information. Please consider joining us as a valued member, or if you prefer, make a one-time contribution.
- Stamford Man Accused Of Stealing Checks In Westport: Police
- Post Office to pay £58m to postmasters it accused of theft
- Fraudster back in business after stealing £54m and not paying back a penny
- Donald Trump's one-time campaign deputy chairman Rick Gates was offered 'monetary assistance' if he refused to flip for Robert Mueller, prosecutors reveal
- Businessman accused in UAE dispute detained in Saudi Arabia
- Apple has 'deep concerns' that ex-employees accused of theft will flee to China
- 'This is mine': Man accused of attempting to abduct 5-year-old from mother in SE Houston
- Norco Man Accused Of Assaulting His 83-Year-Old Former Landlord
- Ex-FBI Deputy Director Sues Bureau, DOJ Over ‘Politically Motivated And Retaliatory Demotion’ And Firing
- America's Cajun Navy Leader Arrested For Stealing Donations Intended for Children's Christmas Presents
- $11K Worth Of Goods Stolen From 2 Milford Businesses: Police
- Man accused of killing LSU PhD student was on parole, recently skipped out on drug treatment
- Precious rock New Zealand is accused of stealing from the Sahara
- Russia probe: Special counsel accuses Paul Manafort of witness tampering
- Feds Seized a Fortune From #Resistance Icons Accused of Boosting Online ‘Ponzi Schemes’
- Pennsylvania lawmaker charged with stealing from nonprofit
- Instagram model and mother is jailed over crime spree on Sydney's northern beaches after breaking into cafes, stealing cash and buying McDonald's with a stolen credit card
- Abu Dhabi accused of 'using Manchester City to launder image'
- North Carolina Woman Lied About Having Kidney Cancer to Steal Fundraising Money, Police Say
- Bobby Allan slaying accused pleads guilty to manslaughter as new details emerge about death
Auxiliary deputy accused of stealing $6,500 from business - have 500 words, post on msbusiness.com at September 27, 2019. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.