Once Upon a Time in HollywoodDirector – Quentin TarantinoCast – Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt, Margot Robbie, Al Pacino, Kurt RussellRating – 3.5/5 Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is a solid yet surprising addition to director Quentin Tarantino’s singular filmography – a languid and laid-back mood piece that doubles as a throwback to the filmmaker’s lifelong obsessions, and ends with one of the most controversial sequences of his career.Despite being fully prepared for what was in store, I was taken aback by how many surprises Tarantino had up his sleeve. There is none of the breakneck back-and-forth dialogue that the filmmaker is known for; the conversations, instead, are paced as sleepily as the summery vibe of the film, which is set during a period of great upheaval in Hollywood, circa 1969.Don’t get me wrong, his characters are still partial to a long chin-wag, but in a less aggressive, and more internalised manner – perhaps a sign that Tarantino, like the fading movie star Rick Dalton (Leonardo DiCaprio), is maturing with age.Watch the Once Upon a Time in Hollywood trailer here: Dalton is one of the filmmaker’s finest creations, a character upon whom Tarantino has projected some of his… Read full this story
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt remember working with the 'amazing' Luke Perry
- Brad Pitt and Leonardo DiCaprio Will Unite for Quentin Tarantino's Film About Sharon Tate
- Leonardo DiCaprio to star in Quentin Tarantino's Charles Manson movie
- 'Once Upon a Time…in Hollywood' Post-credits Scene Explained: How Leonardo DiCaprio's Rick Dalton Character is Connected to Previous Tarantino Movies
- See Where Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio and More Stars Will Sit at the 2020 Oscars
- Leonardo DiCaprio calls me ‘lover’, says Once Upon a Time in Hollywood co-star Brad Pitt
- Rebel Wilson fan girls over sitting beside Brad Pitt and Leo Dicaprio at Oscars
- Brad Pitt wins Best Supporting Actor Oscar, tells Leonardo DiCaprio: 'I'd ride your coattails any day'
- Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, and Ryan Phillipe Turned Down
- Quentin Tarantino's Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is less a Manson family story than a mid-life crisis film
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood movie review: Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt shine; Quentin Tarantino shocks have 350 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at August 15, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.