If you don’t like the way Britain is going, move to Scotland. Nicola Sturgeon’s advice might sound tongue in cheek but she is, she insists, “more than half serious”; after all, Scotland could use the population boost, and plenty of English remainers now find themselves looking for a lifeboat. The hint is that for those not lucky enough to have European-born parents capable of swinging them a second passport, moving north of the border and crossing your fingers for an independent (and pro-European) Scotland in the near future might be the next best option. Cynics will of course note that Scotland’s first minister is no more willing to spell out exactly how another binding referendum could be organised against Westminster’s wishes than Boris Johnson is to explain exactly how the Irish border problem might be resolved, and that both are arguably prone to downplaying the economic risks of dissolving a longstanding union. But Sturgeon is too smart to miss an open goal, and right now Johnson is looking like a gift to her cause given his apparent contempt for Scottish feelings about a hard Brexit. A new poll commissioned by the Tory peer Lord Ashcroft puts 52% of Scots now… Read full this story
- Boris Johnson’s Hopes for E.U. Deal Could Falter With Parliament at Home
- Boris Johnson is reportedly very close to agreeing a Brexit deal with the EU
- Negotiating a Real Estate Contract
- Tax Deferred Exchanges of Investment and Business Real Estate
- 5 Steps to Successful Real Estate Marketing
- Real Estate Investing Tips: How To Catch A Whale For The Proven Results You Want
- High Tension for the Buyer and Seller of Real Estate Can Be Reduced
- New Hampshire Real Estate
- Should You Get Into The Real Estate Business?
- Will U.S. Real Estate Recession Affect the Riviera Maya of Mexico Market in the Mexican Caribbean?
No deal may be a Boris Johnson bluff, but the consequences will be real have 305 words, post on www.theguardian.com at August 6, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.