Ferry Inn, Horning. Date: May 1956 Archant Much has changed over the last two centuries, but pubs have always played a role in our communities. After we put a special focus on the role of a pub landlord, and how it is evolving, we’ve delved into the Norfolk Pubs website, which aims to provide a record of all pubs in the county, past and present, to find stories from the county’s watering holes.Here are some of the more interesting titbits from pubs in and around Norwich.MORE: What is life like as a landlord in Norfolk and Suffolk?- In December 1788, a tiger died after eating two monkeys – complete with metal collars – at a licensed house called The Bear. The pub, at 13 Gentleman’s Walk, in Norwich, had opened in 1761, and the tiger had escaped from a menagerie kept at the house. It closed in 1877.- It came after, in 1751, the Norwich Mercury reported that, at the same pub, Mr Blaker “the modern living Colossus or wonderful giant” could be seen.- The Causeway Tavern, at 101 Heigham Street, in Norwich, which closed in 1969, was once run by boxer Ginger Sadd. Known as one of the greatest… Read full this story
- Shareholders trade barbs as Just Eat takeover battle simmers
- Takeaway.com changes Just Eat deal structure as Prosus circles
- Judith Kerr author of 'Tiger Who Came to Tea' no more
- India loses 51 tigers in five months, Madhya Pradesh tops the list
- Just Eat interim chief withdraws from race for top job
- Six men arrested for killing, eating monkey
- 'All of his human relationships were transactional': Tiger Woods is branded a 'pathological narcissist' in new biography that also reveals he paid his coach just $50K per year during the peak of his professional career
- Paper tigers: India's big cat surveys 'over reporting numbers'
- With 3,000 tigers India one of the safest habitats: PM
- Grandmother-of-five, 65, is left fighting for her life in a coma and in need of eight operations to combat deadly flesh-eating virus she got when her Siamese cat SCRATCHED her
Monkey-eating tigers and a cat in a parachute have 345 words, post on www.edp24.co.uk at August 17, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.