Ferry Inn, Horning. Date: May 1956 Archant Much has changed over the last two centuries, but pubs have always played a role in our communities. After we put a special focus on the role of a pub landlord, and how it is evolving, we’ve delved into the Norfolk Pubs website, which aims to provide a record of all pubs in the county, past and present, to find stories from the county’s watering holes.Here are some of the more interesting titbits from pubs in and around Norwich.MORE: What is life like as a landlord in Norfolk and Suffolk?- In December 1788, a tiger died after eating two monkeys – complete with metal collars – at a licensed house called The Bear. The pub, at 13 Gentleman’s Walk, in Norwich, had opened in 1761, and the tiger had escaped from a menagerie kept at the house. It closed in 1877.- It came after, in 1751, the Norwich Mercury reported that, at the same pub, Mr Blaker “the modern living Colossus or wonderful giant” could be seen.- The Causeway Tavern, at 101 Heigham Street, in Norwich, which closed in 1969, was once run by boxer Ginger Sadd. Known as one of the greatest… Read full this story
- Fantastic beasts! Self-taught baker creates incredible 3D animal cakes which are SO realistic people often 'feel cruel eating them'
- EXCLUSIVE: The Lion Queens - Meet the brave Australian women who look after big cats from zoos and the movie industry... and even let the deadly animals sleep in their beds with them
- Are bats to blame for China’s new virus?
- Medfield Library Upcoming Activities...
- Different strategies needed to conserve lion-tailed, bonnet macaques, says study
- 150+ Classic Jokes About New York and Los Angeles
- The Churchill Factor review – Boris Johnson’s flawed but fascinating take on his hero
- The PlayStation exclusives we'd love to see on PC
- World’s oldest freshwater fish lived to 112 YEARS – and was swimming before Titanic and World War I
- The Second Coming of Muhammad Ali
Monkey-eating tigers and a cat in a parachute have 325 words, post on www.edp24.co.uk at August 17, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.