Mark Levine/ABC via Getty; Jeff Kravitz/FilmMagic Miranda Lambert so reveres Tanya Tucker that, she admits, “I still get a little starstruck around her.” So the younger country star was bowled over when she heard the veteran’s cover of “The House That Built Me,” which was Lambert’s first number one hit back in 2010. Tucker’s version of the poignant track appears on the firebrand’s acclaimed new album While I’m Livin’, her first release of all new original material in 17 years, which was co-produced by Brandi Carlile and Shooter Jennings. In a recent interview with EW, Tucker admitted her own trepidation about recording the tune: “I really did not want to be caught loitering around that song because Miranda had taken it as far it can go. But Brandi talked me into it.” “Brandi sent it to me right after they cut it,” says Lambert of Tucker’s take, which recasts the lyrics to reflect the point of view of a mother revisiting the house in which she raised her children. “Obviously, Tanya is a huge hero.” Indeed, one element of Tucker’s artistry — grittiness wrapped around a empathetic heart — was clearly an inspiration to Lambert, who has similar defiant streak… Read full this story
- Miranda Lambert helps animal shelter in Massachusetts waive its adoption rates with surprise donation of 'a few thousand dollars'
- Miranda Lambert models a Rolling Stones top and cut-off shorts as she runs errands in NYC... after holding hands with her new husband
- Miranda Lambert and Husband Brendan McLoughlin jet off to New York shortly after relocating to Nashville
- Miranda Lambert and new husband Brendan McLoughlin look madly in love as they stroll through NYC
- This Week In Tabloids: MTV Is Reviving Celebrity Deathmatch Just in Time for Lady Gaga & Jennifer Aniston's Cover Showdown!
- Hyper-Local Hero
- High tech heroes: 14 smart home upgrades you need right now
- How The Crooks, The Cons, And The Legends Built America's Largest Stadium For The Beating Of The Century
- “Timothy” was delicious: 60 minutes of death-fueled ’70s story songs
- The 50 best theatre shows of the 21st century
Miranda Lambert on her 'hero' Tanya Tucker covering 'The House That Built Me' have 343 words, post on ew.com at August 27, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.