Sunday August 18, 2019 08:23 PM An Iranian supertanker hauling $130 million worth of light crude oil that the U.S. suspects to be tied to a sanctioned organization lifted its anchor and begun moving away from Gibraltar late on Sunday Written by By ARITZ PARRA and HERNAN MUÑOZ, Associated Press GIBRALTAR (AP) — An Iranian supertanker hauling $130 million worth of light crude oil that the U.S. suspects to be tied to a sanctioned organization lifted its anchor and begun moving away from Gibraltar late on Sunday. The trail left by GPS data on Marinetraffic.com, a vessel tracking service, showed the Iran-flagged Adrian Darya 1, previously known as Grace 1, moving shortly before midnight. The tanker slowly went south before steering eastwards toward a narrow stretch of international waters separating Morocco and the southern tip of the Iberian Peninsula. Iran’s ambassador to Britain, Hamid Baeidinejad, confirmed in a post on Twitter that the oil tanker was headed to international waters. Questions to the embassy about where it was going were not immediately returned. The vessel had been detained for a month in the British overseas territory for allegedly attempting to breach European Union sanctions on Syria. Gibraltar authorities rejected an… Read full this story
- Seized Iranian Tanker Leaves Gibraltar
- Government Lawyer: US Asks Gibraltar to Hold Iranian Tanker in Detention
- Iranian oil tanker near Saudi Arabia coast hit by missiles, officials say
- Pentagon Releases New Pictures Accusing Iran of Attacking 2 Oil Tankers
- Cheniere Energy's 1,000th LNG cargo headed to France
- Iranian Court Sentences Iranian-British Citizen to 12 Years in Jail on Espionage Charges
- Oil tanker with 22 Indian sailors goes missing off west African coast
- Firefighters lost in air tanker crash mourned as emergency services reach wreckage
- Another fuel tanker falls in Onitsha
- Iranian Instagram influencers begin wearing hijab and delete previous posts where their heads are uncovered before declaring 'obedience to Islamic Republic'
Iranian tanker sought by US heads to unknown destination have 312 words, post on www.readingeagle.com at August 17, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.