Joe Biden taking malarkey from all sides. Photo: JIM WATSON/AFP/Getty Images Ben: The theme of tonight’s debate was the nine other candidates onstage going after Joe Biden, on everything from his health-care plan to old comments about not wanting women to work outside the home to … well, just about everything. Biden stumbled a bit, but did not appear as lost or unprepared as he did during the first go-round last month. In your view, did anything that happened tonight dent his front-runner status? Zak: His polling lead has seemed pretty resilient in the wake of other attacks, but my personal impression is that he still looks totally unequipped for what’s coming in the general. Even if this was an improvement over last time. Josh: I think it was a good debate for Biden. Partly because I think he was a lot stronger than last time, and fought key exchanges to either wins or draws, and partly because it was a good night for Cory Booker and a bad night for Kamala Harris — further scrambling the field of people who could challenge him for front-runner status. Ben: Harris had so much momentum after her successful attack on Biden, but… Read full this story
- Kamala Harris Was In Biden Circle of Trust. Then Came Debate Night
- Kamala Harris Plays Coy About VP Talk and Drags Mike Pence on ‘Watch What Happens Live’
- Black Lives Matter: Sen. Kamala Harris’ Childhood Experiences Subject Of Popular New Children’s Book
- Kamala Harris Says Protests Won't Stop Despite Lack of News Coverage
- Biden’s VP list narrows: Warren, Harris, Susan Rice, others
- Did John Roberts doom Supreme Court reform with his decisions?
- Texas Democrats Hold Wave-of-the-Future Virtual Convention
- Stacey Abrams to give Democratic response to State of the Union
- Theatre: the nation’s debating chamber
- Anti-BDS Bill Isn’t About Boycotting Israel, It’s About Splitting the Democratic Party
How Badly Did Kamala Harris Stumble at the Democratic Debate? have 310 words, post on nymag.com at August 1, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.