Well, if you’re kicking off everyone and their mother has a streaming service, offering plenty of adventures in Time and Space is a nice way to sweeten the pot. Warner Bros. has announced its (thankfully plus-less) upcoming streaming platform HBO Max will become the exclusive home to stream Doctor Who in the USA.
Modern Doctor Who, that is. The deal—part of a wide-ranging package with the BBC that also includes the rights to series like Luther, The Office, and Top Gear as well as several upcoming series—only accounts for every season of the post-2005 relaunch of Doctor Who, up to and including the U.S. streaming debut of Jodie Whittaker’s arrival as the Thirteenth Doctor in last year’s season 11.
While that means you’ll be able to get your classic Who fix elsewhere, going forward if you want to stream Modern Who you’ll only be able to do so with HBO Max—because the deal also applies to future seasons, starting with season 12 next year, after it’s
In the new era of streaming wars, Doctor Who is just the latest soldier in a scrap that has seen everyone from CBS to Disney leverage their armies of franchises and licenses to try and tempt you into adding yet anothHobbits. Apple’s got Jason Momoa. CBS has Starfleet. The House of Mouse has, well, you know what it has at this point, and then some. Now, aside from a few superheroes, Warner Bros. has a Time Lord.
It’s like the nerdy crossover event of your dreams, only significantly more expensive to keep up with. All 11 seasons of modern Doctor Who will be available when HBO Max launches in spring 2020.
For more, make sure you’re following us on our new Instagram @ io9dotcom .
- We review the Ford B-Max from price to economy and all its features
- The hard-working Isuzu D-Max Blade is the perfect pick-me-up…we review the new truck on the market that’s no-nonsense and tough
- Old guard says about Twins facing Yankees: Bring 'em on
- AT&T under pressure to sell DirecTV amid heavy subscriber losses
- Netflix acquires the global streaming rights to 'Seinfeld'
- 'Get Out!' 'Seinfeld' Is Coming to Netflix
- Born after Friends began
- Andra Day is Billie Holiday for Lee Daniels’ biopic
- Rooster Teeth Announces Layoffs, Restructuring
- Jodie Whittaker makes history as Doctor Who’s first female Time Lord – but Broadchurch star has a much less family-friendly career
- What is Kodi, what are TV addons, are Kodi boxes illegal to use and buy and have UK Premier League streams been shutdown?
- MASTERSON ONLINE: Scouring streams
- BBC release bumper Christmas and New Year schedule – and it’s full of all your favourites
- How well do you know Britain’s Prince Harry?
- Robbie Williams nabbed by Sharon Osbourne as co-judge at X Factor judge’s houses
- All new monsters in Monster Hunter World Iceborne through MR 99
- Ten Reasons to Attend Full Terror Assault Fest in its Fifth Year
- Here are 10 things you do that you never knew made you superstitious
- MLB roundup: Cole hits 300 K's, pitches Astros to playoffs
- Grand Forks Herald college hockey preseason top 20
HBO Max Is Bringing a TARDIS-Load of have 514 words, post on io9.gizmodo.com at August 1, 2019. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.