An explosion ripped through a wedding hall on a busy Saturday night in Afghanistan’s capital and dozens of people were killed or wounded, a government official said. Hundreds of people were believed to be inside. Interior Ministry spokesman Nusrat Rahimi told The Associated Press there was no immediate information on the cause of the blast. Both the Taliban and a local affiliate of the Islamic State group carry out bloody attacks in the capital. The blast at the Dubai City wedding hall in western Kabul, a part of the city that many in the minority Shiite Hazara community call home, shattered a period of relative calm in the city. On Aug. 7, a Taliban car bomb aimed at Afghan security forces detonated on the same road in a busy west Kabul neighborhood, killing 14 people and wounding 145 — most of them women, children and other civilians. Abdul Aziz, 48, originally from Kabul in Afghanistan, was at the Linwood mosque in Christchurch, New Zealand, with his family when a gunman attacked on Friday. A day layer, he described running outside and trying to chase the shooter, throwing a gun the shooter had left behind at the attacker’s car. (Published Saturday,… Read full this story
- Taliban Says US-Iran Dispute Will Not Harm Afghan Peace Process
- Pete Buttigieg is blasted for suggesting America's 'tit for tat' exchange with Iran caused the missile attack on the Ukrainian jetliner that killed 176 passengers after it was mistaken for a 'US bomber'
- Imran Khan terms Quetta mosque blast ‘cowardly terrorist attack’, demands immediate report
- Blast, gunbattle at Afghan VP candidate's office, 20 dead
- Has Britain turned a blind eye to a gangsters' playground on the Royals' doorstep? Sinister criminal past of Albanian-born drug kingpin shot dead yards from Prince George and Princess Charlotte's school is laid bare
- Snowstorms leave scores dead in Afghanistan, Pakistan
- 176 Dead Include 63 Canadians, Three Brits After Boeing 737 Crashes in Iran
- Radical separatist Muslims suspected in deadly blasts in street market in China
- World’s worst rapist boasted of ‘saving straight boys from monstrous girlfriends’ amid fears of dozens more victims
- Yemen suicide bombings leave over 130 dead after mosques targeted
Dozens Dead or Hurt in Wedding Hall Blast in Afghan Capital have 345 words, post on www.necn.com at August 17, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.