Hobbs & Shaw managed to squeak out another win at the box office last weekend, bringing in $25.2 million in its second frame. Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark also performed a little better than expected, nabbing a $20.9 million debut. But an avalanche of competition is making its way to theaters this weekend as five movies are set to open as summer nears its end. Sony’s The Angry Birds Movie 2 , Universal’s Good Boys, Entertainment Studios’ 47 Meters Down: Uncaged, Warner Bros.’ Blinded By the Light and Annapurna’s Where’d You Go, Bernadette are all set to open across the country. So who will come out on top? In all likelihood, it will be The Angry Birds Movie 2 that finds itself on top of the box office competition, as the animated sequel is looking at a debut as high as $20 million in its first six days of release, per estimates. Reviews have been surprisingly great for the sequel, so much so that it’s now the highest-rated video game movie of all time on Rotten Tomatoes. That prompted Sony to bump up the release to mid-week on Tuesday. The promising start will still see it fall short… Read full this story
- Box Office Flops - More Than Meets the Eye?
- Spirituality Shines At Summer Box Office
- US Box Office: Titanic (1997) Deconstructed
- You are the Box Office Smash: The Personal Screenplay
- Decorative Bird Feeders: Sanctuary for Birds, Good Sights for Spectators
- How a poster makes a box office hit
- Concert Tickets Online - It Pays To Think Outside The Box Office To Secure Those Ultra-Hot Seats
- Bad Boys/Good Boys (Avoiding The Pitfalls Of Being An Insensitive Dad)
- Screenwriting: Box Office Blockbusters Deconstructed
- How to Find a Good Supplier of Storage Boxes
Can Angry Birds 2 or Good Boys Take Down Hobbs & Shaw at the Box Office? have 297 words, post on movieweb.com at August 14, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.