The Korean Film Festival in Australia (KOFFIA) celebrates ten years this year, powered by the Cultural Office, the festival is a wonderful initiative to showcase not only great films, but promote Korean culture as a whole. With exciting special guests and a Bong Joon-ho retrospective in store, the festival shows no signs of slowing down. Taking place in Sydney (22-31 Aug), Canberra (22-25 Aug), Brisbane (5-8 Sept) and Melbourne (5-12 Sept), the Festival’s program features a whopping 22 films. The program includes: Winner of this year’s Palme d’Or at Cannes Film Festival and the Sydney Film Festival Prize, Parasite is a satire on income inequality by renowned director Bong Joon-ho. Widely regarded as 2019’s best film Parasite is a dark comedy-drama that will have audiences glued to their seats. Check out our review here. Action; A fully-fledged blockbuster, Take Point is the second mainstream film for star Ha Jung-woo (The Handmaiden) and centred on a CIA-backed plot to abduct North Korea’s supreme leader. The Gangster, the Cop, the Devil is an action thriller in which a South Korean gang lord teams up with a cocky young cop to find a killer, check out our favourable review here. Extreme Job is a Korean… Read full this story
- Met Gala 2019: Celebrities reveal their 'campest' looks on the red carpet
- Cher 2019 UK tour dates: Her first UK gig in over 14 years and here's how to go
- Cher 2019 UK tour: Tickets on sale now for the legendary diva's first shows in 14 years
- Holly Willoughby enjoys girl time with Scarlett Moffatt and Ali Astall ahead of I'm a Celebrity
- Lessons in mateship as Australia lurches from one crisis to another
- Pink donates half a million dollars to firefighters as Australia burns
- Australia coronavirus shutdown: what is open, closed and banned under the current rules?
- Shaun Marsh's international career likely over, Khawaja unlucky – Australia selector
- Kyrgios, Australia's new ace carrying the hopes of a nation
- David Warner Says Australia's Tour of England 'Highly Unlikely'
Australia Korean Fest 2019: Celebrating Ten Years of KOFFIA have 335 words, post on screenanarchy.com at August 17, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.