Triumph Motorcycles is working on the 2020 iteration of the Street Triple range. Documents from California Air Research Board (CARB) suggest that the 2020 Triumph Street Triple R and Street Triple RS will receive an additional three-way catalytic converter. This will bring the total number of catalytic converters to two.
The updated hardware cuts the hydrocarbon output to half, (0.2g/km to 0.1g/km). The combined hydrocarbon and nitrogen oxides levels have also witnessed a drop (0.3g/km to 0.2g/km). The evaporative emissions on the 2020 models are rated at 0.3g as against 0.5g on the 2019 iteration.
The Type Approval documents of the Euro-spec model reveals more details. According to the source report, the European documents only list the range-topping RS model. The performance numbers revealed by the European documents indicate that the Euro-V compliant Street Triple RS will not suffer from performance reduction due to stricter emission norms. Thus, the 2020 Street Triple RS will churn out 121.4 BHP (90.5 kW) at 11,750 rpm. The current model makes a 121.2 BHP (90.4 kW) at 11,750 rpm.
While there is no loss in power, there is a significant gain in the weight department. The documents reveal that the 2020 Street Triple RS will tip the scale at 187 kg as against the current model’s 181 kg. The added weight will affect the power-to-weight ratio of the motorcycle. The dimensions, however, will remain unaltered.
Styling cues are not likely to witness a massive change either. However, there will be a few tweaks to the visuals. Spy shots have revealed sleeker headlights that appear to be smaller and more back swept than the current model. The panels near the radiator will also have a new design. Apart from the R and the RS, Triumph Motorcycles will retain the entry-level S variant in the Street Triple line-up.
Triumph Motorcycle’s 2020 portfolio also includes all-new Rocket III, Tiger 900 and Speed Triple 1160, and the 1200 cc Bonneville range. The company will unveil the Daytona Moto2 765 limited edition this weekend at the British round of World MotoGP championship at Silverstone. The Triumph Daytona Moto2 765 will be limited to just 765 units worldwide. We expect a few units to land in the Indian market.
- The New 2016 Triumph Speed Triple S & R Get More Power And New, But Still Weird Headlights
- 2016 Triumph Street Twin: The Classic Triumph Designed For Customization
- Updated Triumph Speed Triple Gets More Power, Still Looks Like A Bug: Reports
- These Limited Edition Triumph Triples Are Built By Racers And It Shows
- Meh Car Monday: The Fine, Decent And Confusing Triumph Acclaim
- 2016 Triumph Bonneville T120 And T120 Black: An Old-School Icon Gets A Lustworthy New Motor
- 2016 Triumph Tiger Explorer(s): Six Adventure Bikes With Algebraic Expressions For Names
- Watch David Beckham Ride The New Triumph Bonneville With A Bunch Of Carnies In This New Film
- Triumph Confirms The New 2016 Bonneville Is Coming October 28th
- Here's What It Takes To Make A Profit On A Non-Running Triumph Spitfire
- Top Red Hat IPO sees share price triple
- Accused Street Racer Charged With Triple Murder After Horrific Crash
- Street Fighter 5 interview: Yoshinori Ono on DLC plans, beta woes, and Xbox One fans
- Are Wall Street's For-Profit Eating Disorder Clinics Fleecing Patients & Providing Shoddy Treatment?
- The Nissan Concept 2020 Is Obviously The Sci-Fi Future Of The GT-R
- Why Volvo Thinks It Can Eliminate All Deaths In Its Cars By 2020
- xTreme Triple Booting: Linux, Mac & Windows
- Tech City triples in size during its first year
- The Nissan 2020 Vision Gran Turismo Returns With An Infinitely More Badass Red Paint Job
- Virtual momentum: Newest Oculus prototype triples daily sales
2020 Triumph Street Triple under development have 600 words, post on indianautosblog.com at August 20, 2019. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.