A video encounter between Ivanka Trump and world leaders that went viral over the weekend has liberals and conservatives up in arms.
In the video, posted by a BBC reporter, Ivanka appears to be inserting herself into a conversation with French, Canadian, and British leaders at the G-20 Summit. Many on the left questioned why Donald Trump‘s daughter had participated in the conference.
The White House called the criticism, particularly the viral video, “absolutely pathetic” and a “misrepresentation.” White House Communications Director Jessica Ditto, said (via Katie Rogers of The New York Times), “It is sad but not shocking that the haters choose to attack Ivanka Trump, a senior advisor to the President, when she is promoting U.S. efforts to empower women through strategic partnerships with world leaders.”
Even Sarah Huckabee Sanders, not usually one to join in on Twitter fights, clapped back at Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez — one of those who criticized Ivanka’s role in governance.
“It may be shocking to some, but being someone’s daughter isn’t a career qualification,” Ocasio-Cortez added to the video tweet.
Huckabee Sanders replied that AOC is “wasting your time on Twitter while destroying jobs in NY” whereas Donald and Ivanka Trump have created millions of jobs.
[Photo by Win McNamee/Getty Images]
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]
- Ivanka Trump criticized for photo of her and son
- White House blasts 'opposition media' for criticizing Melania's use of an Obama-era pamphlet
- White House slams ‘sham’ election in Venezuela
- White House aides intentionally compose Trump tweets with grammatical mistakes
- President Buhari Goes to the White House to Meet President Trump
- White House slams Iran for suspected strikes on Israel
- White House slams China's demands to US airlines as 'Orwellian nonsense'
- White House doubles down on Trump’s ‘animals’ comments
- White house slams Iranian 'provocative' attacks on Israel
- White House ‘still hopeful’ Kim/Trump summit will happen