Freshman Democratic Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib of Michigan has been under fire from President Donald Trump of late, but before entering Congress, it was Tlaib who took the fight to Trump by heckling him at a speech, and being ejected to a cry of “You’re an animal” from the audience.
Rep. Tlaib is part of the self-styled “Squad” of four progressive congresswomen whom Trump began relentlessly attacking in a series of racist tweets just over a week ago, attacks which have escalated from there.
But in 2016, it was Tlaib who went on the attack, heckling Trump at a speech to the Detroit Economic Club on August 8, 2016.
A few days earlier, a military veteran had given his own Purple Heart medal to Trump at a rally.
As Tlaib was forcibly escorted from the speech screaming “You guys are crazy”, an audience member yelled “You’re an animal!” at Tlaib.
That same unidentified audience member also told Tlaib to “Get a job,” a rich irony given the fact that three months later, she did just that by winning election to the House of Representatives.
Clips of Tlaib’s protests have been circulating widely on social media now that she and her three fellow “Squad” members are enduring more racist attacks from Trump and his supporters.
Watch the clip above.
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]
- Watch First Lady Melania Trump's latest awkward handholding moment with the President
- Divided: Watching 'Roseanne' in the Trump era
- WATCH: Dem rep doubts Trump’s ‘wherewithal’ to reach ‘peaceful’ deal with North Korea
- Watch Hennessey HPE850 Drag Race Stock Jeep Trackhawk
- Michelle Wolf’s Trump-bashing speech sparks outrage forcing White House Correspondents’ Dinner boss to apologise
- The world must learn to wean itself off Donald Trump’s crazy new America
- Sadiq Khan takes dig at Donald Trump – saying protesting Brits should exercise ‘free speech’ when he visits UK
- You can now play Bill Gates’ first PC game and run over donkeys on your iPhone, Apple Watch
- Trump Gave a Racist and Anti-Immigrant Speech to Cops at the FBI and They Loved It
- Trump scolds ‘filthy’ comedian. Head of correspondents group regrets monologue.