MOSCOW — Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy says Ukraine is willing to swap a jailed Russian journalist for an imprisoned Ukrainian film director. Zelenskiy said in televised comments Friday that Ukraine could release journalist Kirill Vyshinsky, who have been in jail for a year on treason charges, if Russia releases film director Oleg Sentsov from Russia-occupied Crimea. Sentsov is serving 20 years in a Russian prison for plotting acts of terrorism. Zelenskiy’s statement follows a week of shuttle diplomacy, with the Russian and Ukrainian human rights ombudswomen holding talks both in Moscow and in Kiev.Russia had been expected to release 24 Ukrainian sailors captured off Crimea last December but a Moscow court Wednesday ruled to keep them behind bars pending trial.Zelenskiy said Friday that the seamen should be released without preconditions.
- Mueller: Paul Manafort may have been the Trump campaign's 'back channel' to Russia
- Nikki Haley says more sanctions against Russia coming Monday
- Iran open to prisoner swap if US has 'change of attitude,' says Foreign Minister
- Almost 1,600 Putin protesters arrested at rallies in Russia
- The White House Blames Russia for NotPetya, the 'Most Costly Cyberattack In History'
- Why did Trump mention CrowdStrike in a call with Ukraine’s President Zelensky?
- Czech voters to give verdict on president's anti-immigrant populism
- Tax Cuts, Prison Reform, Amnesty: Billionaire Koch Brothers Shape GOP Agenda Ahead of Midterms
- White House walks back Nikki Haley's Russia sanctions talk
- A handful of Trump's tweets might come back to haunt him in a one-on-one interview with Mueller
Ukraine's president says he backs prisoner swap with Russia have 242 words, post on www.dailyherald.com at July 19, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.