Nolan Bianchi Special to The Detroit News Published 11:41 PM EDT Jul 13, 2019 July 30, 2015 was judgment day for the Detroit Tigers and their near-decade run as World Series contenders. They sat third place in the American League Central, 11.5 games back of a Kansas City team that was fresh off a World Series bid itself and would eventually return to capture a prize the Tigers failed to claim during trips to the Fall Classic in 2006 and 2012. Detroit was reigning champions of four consecutive division titles. The year prior, the Tigers’ starting rotation heralded five pitchers that, today, boast a combined six Cy Young awards. That team was swept by Baltimore in the Division Series. Without having captured the ultimate prize to that point, there was an inclination that perhaps the Tigers would close out July by pushing their dwindling amount of chips to center table. After all, they spent the offseason indicating that was the plan: Detroit acquired Yoenis Cespedes and Anthony Gose to bolster their lineup, and added starters Shane Greene and Alfredo Simon to subdue the blow of losing 2013 Cy Young winner Max Scherzer in free agency. Alas, the Tigers instead… Read full this story
- Okay, So How Much Time Did You Spend Talking About Tiger Woods This Holiday Weekend?
- Tiger and Elin Make a Deal
- Tiger Woods: ‘I Was Unfaithful. I Had Affairs. I Cheated.’
- Tiger Woods: ‘I Have Let My Family Down’
- The best cheap QLED TV deals for May 2020: Samsung and Vizio
- These are the best cheap lawn mower deals for May 2020
- The Best Gaming Deals for May 2020: Nintendo Switch, PS4, and Xbox One
- Neuberger Berman, dealmaker Chu upsize blank-check IPO deal: sources
- These are the best cheap dishwasher deals for May 2020
- Best cheap microwave deals for May 2020
Tigers deadline deals: A matter of delayed gratification have 298 words, post on eu.detroitnews.com at July 12, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.