Sunday July 14, 2019 12:45 AM Authorities are trying to rescue a family of five who are trapped by high water in a south Louisiana home Written by The Associated Press NEW ORLEANS (AP) — The Latest on Barry (all times local): ___ 11:40 p.m. Authorities are trying to rescue a family of five who are trapped by high water in a south Louisiana home. The Shreveport television station reports that the National Guard had to halt its initial rescue mission because waters were too high to safely reach the family. Franklin is about 40 miles (64 kilometers) southeast of Lafayette. Authorities have not released further details about the family. ___ 9:40 p.m. Gov. John Bel Edwards is urging residents to stay “vigilant” as forecasters expect life-threatening flash floods to occur across parts of south Louisiana overnight. During a news conference Saturday night, Edwards said that even though the Tropical Storm Barry’s winds may have weakened, the threat of rain is significant. He says impacted areas could stretch from the New Orleans area to Lafayette, which is 120 miles (193 kilometers) to the west. The Democratic governor says he spoke to President Donald Trump on the phone Saturday. He says… Read full this story
- National Bravery Awards: 'The award for me is that he is alive today'
- Trump fact check: 87 false claims in a week, 40 in one day
- Fact check: Trump made 87 false claims last week, including 40 in a single day
- Trump made 87 false claims last week, including 40 in a single day
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 25
- There's Something for Every Sci-Fi and Fantasy Fan on io9's Massive List of Fall Books
- Bones may be remains of lost Japanese internee
- Revealed: Death-trap container crossed Channel TWICE in a week before 39 Chinese migrants perished amid fears smugglers may have used it to bring MORE people into Britain
The Latest: National Guard trying to rescue family of 5 have 303 words, post on www.readingeagle.com at July 13, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.