Lifestyle / Entertainment / Film by Press Association 21/07/2019, 7:20 am Send us a story Sign up to our Daily newsletter Scarlett Johansson has promised “lots of surprises” from her upcoming superhero film Black Widow. The US actress has played the character in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) since 2010, but this will be the first time she has had a standalone movie. Johansson introduced Black Widow, also starring Rachel Weisz and David Harbour, on stage at Marvel Studios’ Comic-Con panel, as the company revealed phase four of the MCU. Speaking after the announcement, Johansson said she is “so excited” to reprise the role. She told PA: “We’re going to learn about what haunts this character. You learn a lot about her, there’s a lot of surprises. “It’s pretty raw. We go to the brutal, uncomfortable places.” Johansson, 34, first played Black Widow, a former Russian spy who defected to the Avengers, in 2010’s Iron Man 2. “I feel like I’ve in a lot of ways grown up with this character”, she said. “To be able to come back every two years to this character and peel away layer after layer over this period of time and with this unbelievable fan… Read full this story
- Avengers: Endgame: First trailer, release date, cast, plot and title rumors
- Avengers: Infinity War is wildly fun until it leaves you hanging
- Shuri, Ant-Man, Hawkeye: Who's confirmed dead and who's not in Avengers 4
- Avengers: Endgame: Trailers, ticket presales, cast, plot and title meaning
- Avengers: Endgame -- Trailers, ticket sales, cast, plot and title meaning
Scarlett Johansson promises ‘lots of surprises’ from Black Widow have 265 words, post on www.eveningexpress.co.uk at July 20, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.