Pedestrians walk past a makeshift memorial set up to honor the victims of Thursday’s fire at the Kyoto Animation Studio building, Saturday, July 20, 2019, in Kyoto, Japan. The man suspected of setting ablaze a beloved Japanese animation studio was raging about theft and witnesses and media reported he had a grudge against the company, as questions arose why such mass killings keep happening in the country. lessPedestrians walk past a makeshift memorial set up to honor the victims of Thursday’s fire at the Kyoto Animation Studio building, Saturday, July 20, 2019, in Kyoto, Japan. The man suspected of setting ablaze a … more
Photo: Jae C. Hong, AP
Photo: Jae C. Hong, AP
TOKYO (AP) — Japanese police have obtained an arrest warrant for a suspect as soon as he regains consciousness from injuries in a deadly arson at a Kyoto anime studio.
Kyoto police said Sunday they are ready to arrest 41-year-old Shinji Aoba on arson and murder allegations. Aoba is accused of storming Kyoto Animation’s No. 1 studio on Thursday, setting it on fire and killing 34 people.
One of the survivors, an animator, told Japanese media he jumped from a window of the three-story building gasping for air amid scorching heat after seeing a “a black mushroom cloud” rising from downstairs.
The attack shocked Japan and drew an outpouring of grief from anime fans worldwide.
- Arrest Warrants - How Criminal Identity Theft Can Get You a Warrant
- Looking For Police Arrest Records? Search the Database
- Free Police Arrest Records - How to Access Online Services in Minutes
- Look For Arrest Warrant - Search For Ticket That Could Be in Warrant
- Free Identity Search - Find a Persons Criminal Arrest Warrant History
- Extinction Rebellion protestors pack London's Trafalgar Square again despite police arrest threats - even though it is now illegal for more than two protestors to assemble
- Police arrest more than 300 suspected paedophiles worldwide after massive child abuse website hosting 250,000 sickening videos is taken down from 'dark web' and US prosecutors charge South Korean 'ringleader'
- Arrest warrant issued for 'armed and dangerous' man after gunpoint robbery
- Police arrest man in connection to New West break-ins
- Canadian police arrest 31, lay over 300 charges in human trafficking investigation