LONDON – A U.K. newspaper published more leaked memos from Britain’s ambassador in Washington on Sunday, despite a police warning that doing so might be a crime. In one 2018 cable published by the Mail on Sunday, U.K. ambassador Kim Darroch says President Donald Trump pulled out of an international nuclear deal with Iran as an act of “diplomatic vandalism” to spite his predecessor, Barack Obama. The memo was written after then-Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson visited Washington in a failed attempt to persuade the U.S. not to abandon the Iran nuclear agreement. “The outcome illustrated the paradox of this White House: you got exceptional access, seeing everyone short of the president; but on the substance, the administration is set upon an act of diplomatic vandalism, seemingly for ideological and personality reasons – it was Obama’s deal,” Darroch wrote. Darroch announced his resignation last week after the newspaper published cables in which he’d branded the Trump administration dysfunctional and inept. The White House responded by refusing to deal with him, and Trump branded the ambassador a “pompous fool” in a Twitter fusillade. U.K. police are hunting the culprits behind the leak — and, contentiously, have warned journalists that publishing the documents… Read full this story
- UK PM says 'Trump deal' could replace Iran nuclear pact
- Trump’s Iran-Deal Exit Delivered More Risk, No Reward
- Laura Ingraham says Trump's trade deal with China beats Pelosi's 'cheap theatrics'
- UK-US trade deal under threat unless Iran stance changes, says Trump ally
- Boris Johnson Says ‘Trump Deal’ Should Replace Obama’s Iran Nuclear Deal
- Fact Check: Joe Biden Claims the Iran Deal Was ‘Working’
- Donald Trump threatens Iran with 'obliteration', after Tehran calls White House actions 'mentally retarded'
- Schumer says he believes Iran war powers resolution will pass Senate
- Donald Trump brands Iran general 'monster' and defends killing 'son of a b***h'
- In Private, Tucker Carlson Is Actually Giving Trump Decent Iran Advice: Report
Leaked UK memo says Trump axed Iran deal to spite Obama have 327 words, post on www.daily-chronicle.com at July 14, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.