Mark Sherman and Jill Colvin, Associated Press Updated 11:05 pm CDT, Friday, July 5, 2019 Trump mulls census after lauding his 4th fete Donald Trump is considering an executive order to try to force inclusion of a citizenship question as part of the 2020 Census. The president is also crowing about the July 4th celebrations in Washington that featured him front and center. (July 5) Now Playing: Trump mulls census after lauding his 4th feteAD: Donald Trump is considering an executive order to try to force inclusion of a citizenship question as part of the 2020 Census. The president is also crowing about the July 4th celebrations in Washington that featured him front and center. (July 5) Media: Associated Press WASHINGTON (AP) — The Justice Department says it will press its search for legal grounds to force the inclusion of a citizenship question on the 2020 Census, hours after President Donald Trump said he is “very seriously” considering an executive order to get the question on the form. Trump said Friday his administration is exploring a number of legal options, but the Justice Department did not say exactly what options remain now that the Supreme Court has barred the question at… Read full this story
- Supreme Court Appears to Favor US Census Citizenship Question
- Ted Cruz: Citizenship question on census is 'basic common sense'
- House to vote ‘soon’ on contempt for Barr, Ross over citizenship question: source
- US census 2020: Trump retreats on citizenship question
- Top Democrat on House appropriations panels will fight to oppose Trump citizenship question on census
- Census 2020: Trump persists in citizenship question row
- Judge Rejects Trump Bid To Switch Legal Teams In Census Citizenship Question Case
- AG Barr Explains Why Trump Had To Back Down On The Census Citizenship Question
- Census 2020: US adds controversial citizenship question
- Census 2020: Trump drops plan for controversial citizenship question
Justice pursuing route to citizenship question on census have 301 words, post on www.chron.com at July 5, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.