Israel: Iran nuclear deal gets worse and worse every day – Netanyahu
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
The Israeli Prime Minister, who has been hawkish on Iran during his lengthy tenure, will face another election in September after failing to form a government in April. Mr Netanyahu's Likud Party failed to attract the support of traditional right-wing and religious parties – leading to fears that he would shift even further right. Speaking exclusively to Express.co.uk , Arab-Israeli MP Dr Yousef Jabareen, who is part of the left-wing Hadash-Ta’al alliance in the Knesset, explained how Mr Netanyahu likes to keep Iran at the centre of the conversation in order to cement his own position.
He said: "Netanyahu will do anything to survive.
"A war in government is maybe the only way that could save him – and so, military attacks on Gaza and tensions with Iran could end up serving him in the end.
"Netanyahu wants Iran to be the main issue in the Middle East.
"He has also been reaching out to the Arab states, arguing that Iran is a common enemy for Israel and for all countries in the region.
"There is a clear manipulation of the issue of Iran to serve his own interest."
Dr Jabareen says Netanyahu will continue his warring words against Iran (Image: GETTY)
Netanyahu insists Iran is developing a nuclear weapon (Image: GETTY)
Last night Mr Netanyahu called on Britain, France and Germany to impose severe sanctions on Tehran after they exceeded their uranium enrichment limit under the nuclear deal.
He shockingly likened Iran's move to Nazi Germany's occupation of the Rhineland in 1936.
It was just the latest in a long line of combative rhetoric from the Israeli Prime Minister, who has been stoking tensions with Tehran since he came into power in 2009.
During his campaign at the time, he said he would do "everything necessary" to stop Iranian scientists developing a nuclear weapon.
According to Dr Jabareen, however, Mr Netanyahu will continue to rebuff any efforts for peace talks with Tehran.
He added: "Any involvement against Iran will definitely be a risk, but it seems clear he is doing everything he can to be an obstacle to a peace deal.
"Tensions are the result of hypocrisy on the Israeli side because they have a nuclear weapon and facility that is out of the supervision of the international community.
"There is a double standard – on one hand, they prevent any international supervision of their own facility while demanding a strong supervision of Iran."
Dr Jabareen is hoping that his own coalition of Arab parties can succeed in the October elections and put pressure on Mr Netanyahu's own alliance to seek talks with Iran instead of conflict.
Dr Jabareen at a protest (Image: GETTY)
Netanyahu has encouraged Trump to pull out of the deal (Image: GETTY)
He said: "The Iranians say that they are willing to reach a compromise – and this is the right way to do it.
"Political negotiation and compromise are key – any alternative would be a disaster for the entire world."
Dr Jabareen, who was elected in 2015, also confirmed the re-establishment of the Joint List – a political alliance of four Arab-dominated parties in Israel – for the September elections.
It was originally dissolved in February earlier this year following disagreements within the alliance.
- Iran Threatens Israel With Revenge for Syria Airstrike That Killed Drone Commander
- Russia, Caught Between Iran and Israel's War in Syria, Looks for Allies on Both Sides
- Unprecedented Tension Between Iran and Israel Explained
- Will Israel and Iran Go to War? Leaders Warn of Imminent Threat During Netanyahu's Trip to Europe
- The more Netanyahu escalates tensions in Israel, the more beloved he becomes
- Israel's Netanyahu Says on Video He Was Behind Trump's Decision to Leave Iran Deal
- Trump Calls for Israel Sovereignty Over Golan Heights
- Will U.S. Go to War with Iran? Trump Breaks Nuclear Deal and Risks Middle East Conflict
- Caroline Glick: While Airbnb Boycotts, Israel Builds Diplomatic Strength
- Caroline Glick: The Next War Between Hezbollah and Israel
- Israel's Netanyahu makes big pitch to claim Iran is cheating on nuclear deal; Trump likes what he hears
- Syria Raises Flag As Israel Fires Missile In Latest Violence Where War Began
- Netanyahu Praises Trump’s ‘Bold Decision’ to Bolt Deal with ‘Terrorist’ Iran Regime
- Iran Will Stay in Syria Until the Country Is Free, Politician Says As Russia and Israel Hatch Border Plan
- Iraqi Fighters Threaten Attacks Against U.S. and Israel After Deadly Syria Strikes
- Iran Tells Israel 'Our Fingers Are On the Trigger, Missiles Are Ready to Launch' As Syria Tensions Mount
- Who's Attacking Syria? U.S., Turkey and Israel Have Shot Down Assad's Warplanes
- What To Know About The Iran Nuclear Deal
- Can Donald Trump Convince Vladimir Putin to Turn Against Iran? Syria War to Be Discussed at U.S.-Russia Summit
- Iran Warns No Oil Will Pass Through World's Most Important Route If U.S. Sanctions Work
Iran bombshell: How Israel's Netanyahu 'is real winner' in US vs Iran conflict have 931 words, post on www.express.co.uk at July 8, 2019. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.