The National Weather Service has issued a flash flood advisory for northwest Teller County, including Divide, until 8 p.m. According to the weather service, up to one and a half inches of rain had fallen northwest of Divide, with an additional half inch possible through 5:30 p.m. Saturday. Minor flooding was expected in poor drainage areas. A flood advisory that was in effect for Woodland Park, Florissant expired at 5:30 p.m. Torrential rainfall was expected to lead to localized flooding in those areas. Penny-sized hail and wind gusts up to 50 mph was also expected. Halfway through hail season, Colorado Springs has mostly dodged bullets from the skiesThe National Weather Service advised drivers to turn around and not to drive thorough flooded roads. “Most flood deaths occur in vehicles,” the alert read.North of El Paso County, in the Denver, thunderstorms were expected to continue into the evening, possibly causing flight delays at Denver International Airport. Wildfire Update: Canyonlands blaze still at 0% containment but moving slowly Colorado’s lingering snowpack making history
- Prepare For Flash Floods With Home Insurance
- Teller County crime reports on Oct. 16, 2019
- Teller County education news in brief
- The New Face of Banking - The Well Trained Teller
- Floods - Survival Preparedness
- Are You Ready For a Flood?
- Lightning kills one, 5,000 homes flooded in Nghe An
- Tropical storm warnings issued for Gulf Coast states as weather system strengthens
- Flooding forces Ha Tinh schools to close
- I Have a County Court Judgment - What Does This Mean?
Flash flood advisory issued for northwest Teller County have 253 words, post on gazette.com at July 13, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.