PUBLISHED: 10:44 14 July 2019 | UPDATED: 10:44 14 July 2019 Richard Cornwell Firefighters have been called to a fire in Main Road, Woolverstone Picture: JOHN HUGHES Archant Firefighters and a farmer are currently tackling a fire in a 60-tonne store of chopped logs at agricultural premises near Ipswich. Three crews – from Princes Street, Ipswich East and Leiston fire stations – were called out just before 9am after the blaze was spotted in Main Road, Woolverstone. You may also want to watch: There were concerns because the chopped log pile stands close to wheat field.A spokesman for the Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said the fire had not spread to the wheat field and the crews were working hard to contain it and extinguish it.The farmer was also in attendance and using his irrigation system to help firefighters put out the fire. Good progress was being made.
- Terrifying moment huge gas cloud from Stromboli volcano eruption closes in on fleeing sailboat crew
- First all-British satellite designed to tackle illegal shipping and logging by taking photographs through clouds is launched into orbit
- Texans' Zach Cunningham leads AFC in tackles
- One dead and eight injured after a petrol tanker rolls onto a car and triggers a six-car pile-up on a busy Melbourne freeway
- Palo Alto Crash Leaves Highway 101 Littered With Wrecked Vehicles And Piles Of Gravel
- Rubbish piles up in Rome as holidays and rain disrupt collections
- Cal Fire Crews Clearing Santa Cruz Mountain Forests To Prevent Wildfires
- Crewe fire: 150 elderly residents evacuated as firefighters battle care home fireball
- Greta Thunberg tells cheering crowd 'we will make sure we put world leaders against the wall' if they do not tackle global warming as she attends climate protest in Turin
- Firefighters tackle major Glasgow city centre fire
Fire crews tackling log pile fire on Shotley peninsula have 291 words, post on www.eadt.co.uk at July 14, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.