Everyone’s favourite scythe-wielding mine owner is back as Poldark returns for a fifth series. The much-loved period drama, which is based upon the novels of Winston Graham, has won over legions of dedicated fans since its debut in 2015 and made huge stars of Aidan Turner (Ross Poldark) and Eleanor Tomlinson (Demelza). Picking up just a few months after the emotional turmoil of series four, the new episodes see Ross embroiled in yet more political intrigue and personal drama as he struggles to reconcile his duties in London with family life in Cornwall. Here’s everything you need to know about the show draws to a tentative conclusion. What will happen in Poldark series five? Writer Debbie Horsfield has confirmed that the series will take place between the events of books seven and eight of Graham’s saga. Following the death of his first love Elizabeth, Ross decides to put his burgeoning political career behind him in order to focus on his family. Things don’t stay peaceful for long, however, as an old friend from his past is in need of help, drawing Ross back to London. Meanwhile longtime foe George Warleggan strikes up a deal that could have huge implications for… Read full this story
- Convince others you need a Nokia E-series device
- Drake cuts a suave figure in a dark grey suit as he attends UK premiere of Top Boy series three after convincing Netflix to revive the crime drama
- A list of Apple's original TV shows and series: La La Land creator Damien Chazelle to write and direct new series
- A list of Apple's original TV shows and series: Apple picks up immigrant anthology series Little America
- Apple's original TV shows and series: Apple is developing Swagger, a Kevin Durant-based series
- They're back! Family drama Packed to the Rafters is set to return to screens on Amazon Prime Video
- Everything We Know About Hobbs & Shaw, The Rock's New Fast & Furious Spinoff
- David Letterman returns to talk shows, with Barack Obama and a new thoughtfulness in tow
- Cardi B reveals she's returning to the big screen after her film debut in Hustlers: 'I enjoy the checks'
- Polk Audio Legend Series L100 speakers review: Pure clarity
Everything you need to know as Poldark returns for series 5 have 373 words, post on www.standard.co.uk at July 13, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.