Email By Washington bureau chief Zoe Daniel and Emily Olson Updated July 12, 2019 20:16:41 Photo: Kim Darroch and Donald Trump didn’t end their relationship on good terms. (AP/Reuters) Related Story: British ambassador resigns over leaked comments about Donald Trump Related Story: It turns out this isn’t the first president the UK’s man in Washington has had a dig at Related Story: Trump reportedly labelled ‘clumsy and inept’ in leaked cables from UK ambassador Map: United States You can bet the delete button was getting a workout and the shredders were running overtime in Washington and in capital cities around the world this week after the British ambassador to the United States was forced to resign.Sir Kim Darroch fell on his proverbial sword after his confidential despatches to the British leadership were leaked to a British tabloid.”We don’t really believe this administration is going to become substantially more normal; less dysfunctional; less unpredictable; less faction-riven; less diplomatically clumsy and inept,” he wrote in a 2017 email.When Donald Trump responded, calling the ambassador “wacky” and saying “we will no longer deal with him,” it appeared that Sir Kim’s tenure became untenable. External Link: @realDonaldTrump tweet: The wacky Ambassador that the U.K…. Read full this story
- Donald Trump's UK Visit On 13 July Confirmed As Mass Protests Planned
- Donald Trump really wants to meet the Queen, says US ambassador
- Donald Trump should expect to face protests on UK visit, says Sadiq Khan
- Donald Trump to visit UK for 'working visit' in July
- Donald Trump to host glitzy White House state dinner for French president
- Donald Trump and Theresa May say chemical weapons in Syrian civil war must not go 'unchallenged'
- It's official! Donald Trump will be visiting London this summer
- China vows to fight US 'at any cost' after Donald Trump threatens $100bn trade tariffs
- Donald Trump to visit United Kingdom in July
- Donald Trump issues warning to other countries over voting against US 2026 World Cup bid
Donald Trump's spat with UK ambassador could have 'grave' fallout but Americans struggle to care have 321 words, post on www.abc.net.au at July 12, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.