PUBLISHED: 16:08 10 July 2019 | UPDATED: 16:25 10 July 2019 Stevie Smith Swimming in Norfolk’s rivers certainly beats the chlorinated humidity of the local pool Picture: Getty Images/iStockphoto Archant It’s the perfect season for a spot of wild swimming in Norfolk’s rivers, and local wild swimmer Imogen Radford rounds up her favourites places for a dip… Local wild swimmer Imogen Radford takes a dip at Anderson’s Meadow, Norwich Picture: Contributed”When you enter the water, something like a metamorphosis happens….” That’s how Suffolk-based writer Roger Deakin described ‘wild swimming’ in his 1999 book Waterlog. It’s true – swimming in the county’s rivers certainly beats the chlorinated humidity of the local pool. Sure, it’s chilly, but that’s part of the thrill as any wild swimmer will attest, and as of 2019 there are over 50 wild swim groups across the UK. As well as the endorphin rush, outdoor swimming offers physical and mental health benefits – last year the British Medical Journal published a report linking freshwater swimming to reducing the symptoms of depression. According to Dereham-based Imogen Radford, a regular wild swimmer and member of worldwide community the Outdoor Swimming Society, now is wonderful time to swim; the water’s warmer… Read full this story
- Solar Heating Technology For Outdoor Swimming Pools
- How to Plan a Summer Party - Inflatable Rentals, Water Slides & Outdoor Movies
- How Come Water Fuel Technology is So Important
- Modern Kitchen Tables - A Whole New World When it Comes to Fine Dining
- Salt Water Swimming Pools - Are They Here to Stay?
- Precautions to Take When Teaching Kids to Swim in a Pool
- Outdoor Benches - You Can Create an Outdoor Wedding Chapel With Them
- Swim Costume For Babies
- Yikes! My Swimming Pool is Leaking!
- How to Choose the Right Outdoor Water Fountains For Home, Office and Community Buildings
Come on in, the water's fine! Top 5 outdoor swims in Norfolk have 309 words, post on www.eveningnews24.co.uk at July 10, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.