Saturday July 13, 2019 09:29 AM Several thousand people have marched in Hong Kong against traders from mainland China in what is fast becoming a summer of unrest in the semi-autonomous Chinese territory Written by By DAKE KANG and NADIA LAM, Associated Press HONG KONG (AP) — Several thousand people marched in Hong Kong on Saturday against traders from mainland China in what is fast becoming a summer of unrest in the semi-autonomous Chinese territory. Violent clashes broke out at the end of the march between police and a group of mostly young protesters who say they believe peaceful demonstrations have failed to bring about change. After issuing a warning, police moved forward to disperse the crowd with pepper spray and batons. In panicky scenes, fleeing protesters scrambled over each other, some falling to the ground. Some had donned protective masks and helmets ahead of the confrontation. Earlier, walking behind a banner that read “Strictly enforce the law, stop cross-border traders,” the marchers passed by pharmacies and cosmetic shops that are popular with Chinese tourists and traders who bring goods back to sell in the mainland. Many of the stores were shuttered because of the protest. Major demonstrations in the… Read full this story
- Clashes Erupt as Hong Kong Protest Targets Chinese Traders
- Hong Kong protesters trample Chinese flag, set fires
- Hong Kong protesters march to US Consulate to call for help from Trump
- Chinese state newspaper is blasted for claiming that Hong Kong protesters will stage a '9/11 terror plot' with a photo of the burning Twin Towers in a social media post
- 100 Days of Hong Kong Protests: Thugs Chant ‘Beat the Cockroaches’ in Mob Attacks
- Congress Leads U.S. Efforts to Protect Hong Kong Protesters
- Masked Thugs Attack Hong Kong Protest Organizer with Baseball Bat
- PHOTOS: Hong Kong Protesters Embrace American Flag in Fight for Freedom
- Taiwan Considers Dozens of Requests for Asylum from Hong Kong Protesters
- Hong Kong Protesters Go Global, Seeking Support from Taiwan, India, U.S.
Clashes erupt as Hong Kong protest targets Chinese traders have 331 words, post on www.readingeagle.com at July 13, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.