Joe Biden said that, if elected president, he would raise the corporate tax rate from 21 percent to 28 percent — the same rate backed by the Obama administration. “That would raise billions of dollars,” the Democratic front-runner said in a CNN interview that aired Friday. The 2017 Republican tax overhaul lowered the corporate rate from 35 percent to 21 percent. When CNN host Chris Cuomo pointed out that President Trump would say the tax cuts boosted the economy, Biden asked how good Americans feel “with trillions of dollars in debt.” Biden also said he’d raise the income tax rate for high earners to 39.5 percent.
- R&D Market Pulse: Lower Corporate Tax Rates Will Happen
- Comments for : Apple's tax rate may be just 9.8%
- How Microsoft and HP avoid corporate taxes
- Comments for : Apple CEO Tim Cook answers corporate tax questions before Senate committee
- Apple's tax rate may be just 9.8%
- Apple CEO Tim Cook answers corporate tax questions before Senate committee
- Google: Profit and sales surge as tax rate falls
- Sens. Tillis, Capito, Young, and Burr Back Obama-Era EPA Trucking Rule
- Report: Broward County Grew Increasingly Unsafe as Obama-Era Discipline Policies Protected Minority Students
- Semiconductor Industry Association announces support of corporate tax reform framework
Biden wants to raise the corporate tax rate back to Obama era have 204 words, post on nypost.com at July 5, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.