(CNN)American women’s soccer co-captain Megan Rapinoe is not planning to go to the White House if the national team wins the World Cup. A reporter from Eight by Eight, a soccer magazine that looks at the sport and its place in culture, asked Rapinoe if she was excited about going to the White House if her team wins the Women’s World Cup. “Psssh, I’m not going to the f*****g White House,” she fired back before the reporter finished the question. “No. I’m not going to the White House. We’re not gonna be invited. I doubt it.” The magazine posted the short interview clip Tuesday on Twitter. The US national team is competing in the Women’s World Cup, and plays host country France on Friday. Read More Other teams have skipped the White House visit It’s not the first time professional athletes have turned down a visit to the White House. Golden State Warriors swap White House visit for African-American history museum The Golden State Warriors decided not to go to the White House last year after winning an NBA title. Before their scheduled visit, President Donald Trump revoked their invitation on Twitter. Trump also canceled a visit from the 2018… Read full this story
- Why are England wearing all white against Croatia in the World Cup semi-final and what is their record in the kit?
- France win World Cup 2018 final in breathless six-goal thriller against Croatia
- LeBron, Curry, Durant say NBA champ won't go to White House
- England’s World Cup party kicks-off in style as thousands of fans gather in bars around Moscow’s iconic Red Square
- Iran vs Spain, World Cup 2018: live score and latest updates
- World Cup 2018: Christian Benteke tipping Belgium to win it
- World Cup 2018: England outclass Sweden to advance to World Cup semi-finals
- World Cup 2018: Joachim Loew extends Germany contract until 2022 before leaving out Mario Goetze
- World Cup 2018: Jordan Pickford ready to step up and help end England's penalty shootout pain
- Japan World Cup profile: Guide to squad, record, path to final, manager, team news, latest odds and star man
US soccer star Megan Rapinoe says she's 'not going to the f*****g White House' if the women's team wins the World Cup have 345 words, post on edition.cnn.com at June 26, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.