At a time when EVs are considered saviours, the all-electric Tata Tigor EV almost has a halo around it. The thing is, you and I can’t actually buy the angelic Tigor EV as yet, because Tata hasn’t launched it to the larger buying public. Any Tata Tigor EV you might have come across would belong to the government (Tata won a tender to supply 10,000 units to Energy Efficiency Services Limited or EESL) or could belong to a self-drive car-hire service. To see if the Tigor EV is the sort of car we’d want in our driveway, we hired one for a day from the self-drive service, Zoomcar.Electric vehicles are known for their zany designs and radical shapes, but that’s not the case with the Tigor EV. Ignore the new badges and stickers and the EV could pass off as any other Tigor. The big modifications are hidden from view. There’s no combustion engine, of course, although the EV’s 3-Phase AC induction motor and ancillary elements occupy the same space in the engine bay. Also sitting prominently here is the AC charging socket. DC fast-charging is an option too (GB/T standard), the socket for which resides under the traditional fuel-filler… Read full this story
- 2018 Chevrolet Bolt EV Review: Is it Viable if You Don't Live in the City?
- 2017 Chevrolet Bolt EV Review – Video
- Tata Tiago AMT Review: Unimpressive, avoidable as AMT fails to deliver on expectations
- 2018 Hyundai Ioniq Electric Review – Video
- Album reviews: Plan B, Peace, Gaz Coombes, Leon Bridges, Frank Turner, Eleanor Friedberger
- Gas2 Week in Review: Tesla Is Tested -- In Model 3 Production and In Person during a Middle East Roadtrip
- 2017 Toyota Prius Prime Review – Video
- 9 best sparkling red wines
- Tata Nexon AMT launched; LOT cheaper than Ford Ecosport & Mahindra TUV300
- Beyond the Clouds movie review: Sparkles & rises, but also sags with clichés
Tata Tigor EV review: It doesn’t really sparkle have 311 words, post on www.thehindu.com at June 25, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.