opinion Nolan Finley The Detroit News Published 10:34 PM EDT Jul 13, 2019 I’ve always found Justin Amash to be a perfect representative of the Libertarian movement — compelling on some levels, squirrely on others. The Grand Rapids congressman, who has posed as a Republican for the past decade, strikes me as more idealist than ideologue, and he confirmed that on July 4 with his dramatic announcement that he was leaving the GOP. He will sit in Congress and stand for reelection as a true independent. Amash believes he can defy the political duopoly and win a sixth term free from partisan encumbrances. I hope he’s right and share his disdain for the two-party system, which is wholly in service to partisanship and aloof from the will of the American people. Amash now becomes a man without a party, like myself and so many other voters today. As of June, according to Gallup, 46 percent of voters considered themselves independent, compared to 26 percent who identified as Republicans and 27 percent as Democrats. The percentage of unaligned voters is up 15 points in 15 years. No wonder. Even before Donald Trump, the growing ideological intolerance of the Republican Party made it an unacceptable choice for… Read full this story
- Christopher Nolan and Sofia Coppola urge fans to watch films in cinemas, not on Netflix
- Christopher Nolan goes to war in the thrilling
- Find Out What Brad Pitt, Christopher Nolan, And Ari Emanuel Have To Say
- Nolan Pope Chasing CARS Super Late Model Title
- Hope: What Offers the Most? Theism or Atheism?
- One to Watch: Clare-Hope Ashitey Makes Her Mark in Netflix’s
- Hope Hicks Officially Named White House Communications Director; Here’s Why She Won’t Get Fired
- There’s Hope for the Hopeless in Jesus Christ
- Hope Hicks Leaves a Huge Void of Nothingness as She Departs the White House
- Hope Hicks Praying She Not Still In Same Shitty Job By Time She Hits 30
Nolan: Here's hoping Amash can topple windmills have 321 words, post on eu.detroitnews.com at June 12, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.