Amazon Prime Video cheekily responded to a petition launched by a Christian group requesting for Netflix to cancel the new series, Good Omens. The streaming network, on which Good Omens actually airs, promised it would cancel one of Netflix’s most popular series if Netflix followed through with the group’s wishes.”Hey @netflix, we’ll cancel Stranger Things if you cancel Good Omens,” the company wrote in a tweet on Thursday, followed by a wink emoji. Season 3 of Netflix’s highly acclaimed Stranger Things is set to roll out on the streaming network on July 4.The Christian group, Return to Order, issued a petition against Amazon Prime Video’s risqué angel and demons series, which debuted on May 31, but asked Netflix to remove the show instead of the series’ actual streaming home, Amazon. “The Netflix series Good Omens portrays the agents of Good and Evil as fighters in an arbitrary struggle devoid of meaning and truth,” the petition read. “This series presents devils and Satanists as normal and even good, where they merely have a different way of being, and mocks God’s wisdom.””This is another step to make Satanism appear normal, light and acceptable,” the petition continued. “We must show our rejection. Please… Read full this story
- Eurovision final 2018 live: Israel wins, after stage-invader interrupts UK song
- Eurovision final 2018 live: voting now open, after dramatic stage invasion
- Eurovision final 2018 live: Latest odds show UK entry SuRie boosted by stage invader's protest
- White supremacists Generation Identity plan to hold a secret conference in London. Anti-fascists aim to stop them
- How do we explain Meghan Markle’s brother asking Prince Harry to call off the royal wedding? The crab bucket effect
- Long NHS waits: My child flew to Turkey for op
- The inside story of how Trump's Chief of Staff lost his power
- We've been exposed to the sordid side of professional cheerleading. That doesn't mean we should ban it
- Did teachers erase May's majority?
Amazon Jokes They'll Cancel 'Stranger Things' After Angry Christians' Petition to Axe 'Good Omens' have 318 words, post on www.newsweek.com at June 21, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.