WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump directed the U.S. intelligence community on Thursday to “quickly and fully cooperate” with Attorney General William Barr’s investigation of the origins of the multi-year probe of whether his 2016 campaign colluded with Russia. The move marked an escalation in Trump’s efforts to “investigate the investigators,” as he continues to try to undermine the findings of special counsel Robert Mueller’s probe amid mounting Democratic calls to bring impeachment proceedings against Trump. Press secretary Sarah Sanders said in a statement that Trump is delegating to Barr the “full and complete authority” to declassify documents relating to the probe, which would ease his efforts to review the sensitive intelligence underpinnings of the investigation. Barr has already asked John Durham, the U.S. attorney in Connecticut, to examine the origins of the Russia investigation to determine whether intelligence and surveillance methods used during the probe were lawful and appropriate. Still, Barr has been directly involved, according to a person familiar with the matter who was not authorized to discuss it publicly, and is also working with CIA Director Gina Haspel, Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats and FBI Director Christopher Wray. Trump has frequently claimed his campaign was the victim… Read full this story
- Klein: Trump Respects Independence of Intel Agencies While Obama Politicized Them
- Sen. Ron Johnson: ‘Imperative’ for Trump to Listen to Intel Chiefs
- Global Economy: German Companies Worry Trump Moving Toward 'America Alone'
- Trump Moves To Block China Mobile's US Entry, Citing Security Concerns
- A Complete Guide to All 17 (Known) Trump and Russia Investigations
- House Democrats gear up to block planned move of USDA research agencies
- Netanyahu, Israeli Officials Praise Trump Move to Shutter PLO Mission in DC
- Trump: FBI Kavanaugh Investigation ‘Blessing in Disguise,’ Democrats Acting Terrible, Dishonest
- Donald Trump: Robert Mueller Investigation ‘Disgraced and Discredited’
- Carl Bernstein: Trump ‘Impeding’ Russia Investigations By Not Handing Over Flynn Docs
Trump moves to escalate investigation of intel agencies have 319 words, post on www.daily-chronicle.com at May 23, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.