BRUSSELS — At the end of this week, citizens of all 28 EU member states will elect 751 members to the European Parliament (MEPs). Almost all of them will come from various national party lists with the numbers determined both by the size of the country the MEP is running in (the bigger the country, the more MEPs it has) and what share of the vote his/her party get. The Mayor’s Widow The eyes of the world were fixed on Magdalena Adamowicz on January 14 as she and her two daughters rushed to the hospital in the northern Polish city of Gdansk. She had come to whisper her final goodbyes to her husband, Pawel Adamowicz. A few minutes later, the mayor of Gdansk for more than two decades died. He had been stabbed in the heart the night before while on stage at the closing of the Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity, the biggest such fundraising event in the country. His killer, a man with a long criminal history who just had been released from prison, seized the microphone at the event and claimed false imprisonment and torture at the hands of the previous centrist Civic Platform (PO) government –… Read full this story
- Jean-Claude Juncker's real scandal is his tax-haven homeland of Luxembourg
- How Thatcher’s Government Covered Up a VIP Pedophile Ring
- Donald Trump in 'excellent physical health' but 'overweight'
- Letters: Labour can’t deny Tony Blair’s achievements
- Theresa May to chair new-look cabinet after Boris Johnson's exit
- Can Geert Wilders be more than the Netherlands' agitator-in-chief?
- Jeremy Corbyn, 1970s Revanchist, Is Suddenly the Face of the New New Left
- The end of farming?
- Germany’s centre could break apart after Angela Merkel is gone
- Who is Theresa May: A profile of UK's new prime minister
The Most Interesting Candidates Running For European Parliament have 289 words, post on www.rferl.org at May 23, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.