6 minutes ago The summer kicked off with a bang with Avengers: Endgame, currently the second highest-grossing movie of all time. Analysts and movie buffs are trying to find what the next big hit of the summer will be and all evidence is pointing toward The Lion King. The remake of the classic film is due to hit theaters in July and when it does, it will do so with a roar. Current projections for The Lion King have it opening to $201 million and a total domestic gross of $650 million. Disney is no stranger to remaking the most iconic animated films in its library. It’s found massive success in films like The Jungle Book and Beauty and the Beast, both of which were one of the highest-grossing films of the respective years they were released. So, no one was surprised when The Lion King was called up to the plate, with Jon Favreau leading the charge with cutting-edge photo-realistic technology. The Lion King is beloved by multiple generations and those fans will turn out big time when the remake arrives in theaters. According to BoxOfficePro, The Lion King could open within the range of $180-$230 million. If that… Read full this story
- 'The Lion King' reigns above box office for second week
- ‘Lion King’ Remake Becomes Disney’s Latest Box-Office Smash
- WATCH: First teaser trailer for 'The Lion King' remake
- Greene King makes no-deal Brexit contingency plans as sales rise
- Bet you had no idea what the words mean in the 'Lion King' intro song
- The new 'Lion King' poster channels a classic one from 17 years ago and gives us our first glimpse of Mufasa
- The trailer for the live-action 'Lion King' is eerily similar to the original — here's the proof
- Everything you missed in the new trailer for 'The Lion King'
- Greenpeace Wipes Out All The Animals In “The Lion King” Opening
- Gabrielle Union Lands Role in Lion King Spinoff
The Huge Amount The Lion King Could Make In Its Opening Weekend have 325 words, post on www.cinemablend.com at May 25, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.