Houston Astros star George Springer has been disciplined by the MLB … and it’s over a homophobic slur he mouthed at an umpire after a strikeout.
The incident went down back on April 23 during the Astros-Twins game — when Springer was called out on strikes by umpire Angel Hernandez on a pitch GP clearly thought was WAY too low.
As Springer was venting about the call in the dugout … cameras caught the outfielder mouthing the words to Angel, “f**king c*** sucker!”
“This inappropriate behavior was addressed with Mr. Springer and the Houston Astros," Manfred said … "and he has been disciplined."
Unclear what the punishment was for Springer … but he has NOT been suspended for the altercation.
Neither Springer nor the Astros have yet to comment on the situation.
For his part, George has been a key contributor to the ‘Stros this season … batting .274 with 9 home runs already.
- George Springer Carted Off After Smashing Head Into Outfield Wall During Acrobatic Catch
- MLB hot stove: Will the Astros trade a big name before trying to defend their AL pennant?
- Dodgers' Ryu Hyun-jin Named MLB Player of the Week
- Astros vs. Nationals: MLB World Series Game 1 live stream, watch online, TV channel, odds, prediction, pick
- Ryu Hyun-jin Puts in Scoreless Start in MLB All-Star Game
- MLB Silver Slugger award winners 2019: Braves lead with three players; Mike Trout wins seventh honor
- MLB Outlook for the Houston Astros in 2020
- New set of SF cops implicated in racist and homophobic texts
- Racist minor league hockey fans spew racial slurs at black player and his family with one man waving his arms like a gorilla and another pouring a beer on his girlfriend in the stands while 'security did nothing'
- Fantasy MLB: Top 5 Weekly Boom and Bust Players
- Astros Vs. Nationals: Five Things We Learned From World Series Game 1
- World Series 2019: How the Astros built their AL champion roster through trades, free agency and the draft
- 'This Week' Transcript: Russian President Vladimir Putin
- Most shocking Celebrity Big Brother moments ever - from Roxanne Pallett being 'punched' to Kim Woodburn getting hauled out by security
- World Series: Gerrit Cole outduels Joe Ross as Astros move closer to title
- Yuli Gurriel leads off second inning with homer to open scoring in World Series Game 7
- Full 'This Week' Interview Transcript: Russian President Vladimir Putin
- 'This Week' Transcript: Secretary of State John Kerry
- Riding the buses of Los Angeles: A beginner’s guide
- 'This Week' Transcript: Former Vice President Dick Cheney
MLB's George Springer Punished For Mouthing Homophobic Slur at Umpire have 447 words, post on www.tmz.com at May 3, 2019. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.