Mexico’s capital has lifted a pollution alert in effect since Wednesday saying that the concentration of tiny particles in the air had fallen significantly
MEXICO CITY (AP) — Mexico’s capital has lifted a pollution alert in effect since Wednesday saying the concentration of tiny particles in the air had fallen significantly.
The environmental commission for the metropolitan area of some 20 million residents says conditions are forecast to continue improving through the weekend.
In a statement Friday, it said a high-pressure system that had been sitting over the city had lost intensity and was moving away.
The city had been enveloped in pollution that was common for this time of year, before the summer rainy season. But this year it was made worse by dozens of brush fires burning in and around the city.
School was cancelled for millions of students Thursday and Friday as parents were warned to keep their children indoors.
Air quality improved moderately Friday.
- How to Manage and Improve Indoor Air Quality
- Are National Parks Air Quality Decreasing?
- Green Shopping and Green Building to Improve Your Family's Indoor Air Quality
- How to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How is Your Company's Indoor Air Quality?
- Improving Beauty Salon Air Quality - 3 Steps to Success
- Air Duct Cleaning - Air Quality Quiz
- Mexico City Warned Folks of the Water Shortage, Now it is Temporarily Turned Off
- Indoor Air Quality is Vital to Our Health
- Air Cleaners Improve Your Indoor Air Quality