Published 9:27 PM EDT May 17, 2019
Spring Lake – Authorities say a leak from a broken high-pressure natural gas main in western Michigan has been contained.
Ottawa County Emergency Management Director Nick Bonstell says in a statement that emergency responders cleared the scene after it was contained Friday morning.
The gas main was struck Wednesday afternoon during a construction project in the village of Spring Lake, northwest of Grand Rapids. No injuries were reported, but crews monitored natural gas levels in the area.
Officials had earlier said the main was expected to be repaired by Thursday afternoon.
- Vietnam Raises Natural Gas Prices of Biggest Oilfield
- Oil companies increasingly eye natural gas
- Natural gas the future of energy: Qatar energy minister
- PetroVN to build natural gas processing plant
- Natural gas collection and distribution system inaugurated in Thai Binh
- Demand for natural gas will require Vietnam to import
- PetroVietnam to build natural gas processing plant
- Township to receive natural gas
- PetroVietnam units to boost Su Tu Trang natural gas output
- Vietnam, RoK talk natural gas vehicles