After months of therapy, Jenni ‘JWoww’ Farley’s son is speaking and knows “countless words”
Greyson Valor turned three today, and his mom couldn't be prouder of her birthday boy!
Jenni "JWoww" Farley shared a heartwarming birthday post on her Instagram Sunday to celebrate her son's birthday and update fans on his speech progress. Along with a photo of Greyson at the hospital shortly after being born, the Jersey Shore star told her followers that Greyson has made strides with his developmental speech delay after months of therapy and now knows "countless words."
"When you were first born, you needed to stay in the hospital a few extra days… I got to stay with you and spend Mother's Day by your side," Farley began. "The perfect son from day one, so delicate and sweet. I can't even picture life before you because you and your sister complete me."
Farley, 34, also shares 4-year-old daughter Meilani with estranged husband Roger Mathews.
"You slept on my chest until you were a year old because it was the only way I could calm your chronic cough… yet, I needed that more than you needed me because hearing your breath every night calmed me," the mother of two said. "Now I wake up with your arm across my face or your butt on my head. I wouldn't have it any other way."
Want all the latest pregnancy and birth announcements, plus celebrity mom blogs? Click here to get those and more in the PEOPLE Babies newsletter .
Speaking about Greyson's speech therapy, Farley reflected on her son's determination and growth.
"Today you turn 3. This past year flew by so fast. I had you start early intervention 2 days after your second birthday," she said. "You didn't know your name, you didn't know how to say mommy… as you turn three, you know countless words, call me mommy 10394 times a day and your smile has grown 10x."
Farley concluded, "To my perfect son, happy birthday… I'll continue to hold you every night until my last breath."
The MTV reality star first opened up about their son's developmental struggles last August , explaining to fans that her son wasn't speaking and began attending therapy three times a week.
Just three months later, Greyson was diagnosed with autism.
Since then, Farley has shared adorable videos of her son's progress with his speech. However, when speaking about her personal experience as a parent trying to help her son, she previously has opened up about how she felt alone in her efforts.
RELATED VIDEO: Jenni Farley's Ex Charged with Extortion After Allegedly Threatening to Sell Stories About Her
"When Greyson wasn't hitting his marks in the world of doctors … not that he couldn't care less, but [Roger] was like, 'He's perfect. He's going to be fine. This is no big deal,' " she said in an October 2018 Today show interview of her now-estranged husband.
"In that aspect, I felt very alone because I was the only parent," she continued. "I thought, 'Am I bad wanting to get him help because Roger's not concerned, so should I not be concerned?' " she said.
Farley filed for divorce from Mathews in September after almost three years of marriage.
- Jenni 'JWoww' Farley Opens up About Son's Autism Diagnosis at 'Sensory Inclusive' Sesame Street Orlando
- Jenni 'JWoww' Farley Praises Son Greyson's Progress in 3rd Birthday Tribute
- 'Jersey Shore' Star Jenni 'JWoww' Farley Details Progress in Son's Autism Diagnosis
- 'Jersey Shore' Star Jenni 'JWoww' Farley Reveals Son Greyson Has Been Diagnosed With Autism
- Jenni 'JWoww' Farley's Husband Roger Mathews Admits to Pushing Her in Lengthy Letter
- 'Jersey Shore' Fans Support Jenni 'JWoww' Farley After Dramatic Split From Zack Carpinello
- Jenni 'JWoww' Farley’s Boyfriend Zack Clayton Carpinello's Nickname, According to Her Son
- 'Jersey Shore': Jenni 'JWoww' Farley Makes Red Carpet Debut With Boyfriend Zack Clayton Carpinello
- 'Jersey Shore' Star Jenni 'JWoww' Farley Proves 'GTL' Is Alive and Well With Sultry New Photo
- Jenni 'JWoww' Farley and Zack Carpinello Are 'Not Together,' Her 'Jersey Shore' Co-Star Deena Cortese Reveals
- 'Jersey Shore' Star Jenni 'JWoww' Farley Charms Fans With a Little 'Hocus Pocus' During Trip to Disneyland
- 'Jersey Shore' Star Jenni 'JWoww' Farley Splits With Boyfriend Zack Carpinello After He Flirts With Angelina Pivarnick
- Jersey Shore: Family Vacation: Jenni Farley brags about 'lots of sex' with new beau and icing vagina
- JWoww’s ex Roger Mathews builds swimming pool after she buys $1.95M mansion with pool
- The Runaway General: The Profile That Brought Down McChrystal
- Glowing with health, Camilla the yoga fan: Duchess looks radiant as she accompanies Charles on Jubilee tour of Papua New Guinea
Jenni 'JWoww' Farley Gives Heartfelt Update on Son Greyson's Speech Progress on His 3rd Birthday have 870 words, post on people.com at May 5, 2019. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.