Photo: Emily Denniston/Vulture/Courtesy of the studio/Getty Images These days, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen are mostly famous for smoking while leaning against the brick wall outside the office of their shared fashion line, The Row. However, it has been said that if we do not understand our history, we are doomed to repeat it. Which is why I'm here to remind you that, for a very long time, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen were famous for being straight-to-VHS movie stars. Mary-Kate and Ashley do not want me to remind you about this. In fact, they've spent the duration of their adult lives painstakingly detaching themselves from this legacy. They speak to only one or two publications a year , exclusively about The Row and how fundamentally horrifying it is when anyone asks them anything that's not about The Row. They skulk around New York City in massive sunglasses, hiding behind sheets of dripping-wet hair. They force guests to forfeit cell phones at their intimate weddings to old French men, where they pass around "bowls and bowls" of cigarettes . As a rebuke to being paid to smile with teeth for decades, they now never — never — smile with teeth. I both… Read full this story
- Ranked: Julia Roberts' Best (and Worst) Movies
- The 20 Best Movies of 2018
- 15 Christmas horror movies you must see
- Nominees for Critics’ Choice Awards named for movies, TV
- 10 best movies of 2018 include 'Support the Girls,' 'Leave No Trace'
- 2018’s top pop culture moments: A journey from the royal wedding to a new Mary Poppins
- Images: Friday at the State Final Meet in girls swimming & diving
- Rihanna, LVMH make a deal and, possibly, history
- NJ girls hoops: Shore players to watch, team-by-team breakdowns
- HBO, Netflix lead Critics Choice Award nominees
Every Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen Movie, Ranked by Surreality have 294 words, post on www.vulture.com at May 24, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.