The campaign for a long-anticipated bond measure that could raise $900 million for affordable housing kicked off Tuesday morning in North Park, where supporters gathered to announce a goal of going before San Diego city voters in November 2020.“Our region’s rents are out of step with wages, and we need policies to ensure that good places to live are within reach of all San Diegans,” said Stephen Russell, executive director of the San Diego Housing Federation. “A lot of work has been done to address this crisis, and we applaud our state and local leaders for their efforts, but there’s still a lot of work to be done, and we need the resources to do it.”For at least two years, Russell and other advocates have discussed placing the bond proposal before voters, and a 2017 poll conducted by the Housing Federation found 70 percent of San Diego city voters would support it. The Housing Federation had considered placing the measure on the ballot last year but pushed it back to support and coordinate statewide housing measures.The next step is to go before the City Council’s Rules Committee this summer to request the proposal advance to the full council to be… Read full this story
- Sources indicate Nokia will produce Lumia 900 in house
- WhatsApp counts 900 million monthly active users, but is growth slowing?
- Ex-Googler Raising $900 Million To Fund AI Technologies
- Box office hits and misses: ‘Fate of the Furious’ passes $900 million globally
- Google fixes critical security flaw affecting over 900 million Android devices
- Qualcomm faces a potential $900 million fine in South Korea over unfair market practices
- Qualcomm could be fined $900 million by South Korea over patent abuse
- Follow up: Leap Wireless pays $900 million over three years for the Apple iPhone
- Android reaches 900 million activations: "The momentum has been breathtaking"
- Gmail hits 900 million users and Google unleashes Inbox to everyone
Campaign launches to put $900 million housing bond on ballot have 314 words, post on www.sandiegouniontribune.com at May 20, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.