Imagine hurtling yourself back in time to the original Woodstock festival in 1969, finding a good, relatively dry spot to chill, and settling in to hear more than three straight days of music. No, not possible, but the closest anyone may come to that experience will arrive this August. Pegged to the 50th anniversary of the event, Woodstock 50 — Back to the Garden — The Definitive 50th Anniversary Archive, a 38-disc box set, will include every note of music played at the festival (save for three songs), some of it released for the first time ever. Previous Woodstock collections, starting with the original 1970 triple LP and continuing through a 2009 multi-disc box, cherry-picked select songs (or didn’t include certain acts altogether). By comparison, Woodstock 50, to be released by Rhino, has it all: every act and 432 songs, 267 of which have never been officially released before, for a total of nearly 36 hours of recordings, along with crowd announcements (“Somebody somewhere is giving out some flat blue acid,” “Please meet Harold at the stand with the blood pills”) and other sonic memorabilia from the festival. Related Book Review: ‘Janis: Her Life and Music’ Recovers the True Story of… Read full this story
- The Best Music Boxed Sets of 2019
- Own The Entire Star Wars Skywalker Saga In 4K UHD With This Stunning 27-Disc Box Set
- Star Wars Skywalker Saga 4K UHD Box Set Up For Pre-Order
- Boxing Day deals revealed: Crazy bargains on flights, tech and beauty products could save you THOUSANDS on December 26 - as Australians prepare to spend $20BILLION in shopping bonanza
- "Certainly Unhappy With Judging": Mary Kom On Loss In World Boxing Championships Semifinals
- Disney Obliterates Its Own Worldwide Box Office Record with $7.67B in 2019
- Blue Lines: Massive Attack's blueprint for UK pop's future
- Will Star Wars: The Force Awakens Shatter Every Box Office Record?
- Woodstock fifty years on: legacy celebrated despite lack of official anniversary event
- Warner Bros’ ‘Joker’ Final Number Grows To $96M, Setting Records For October, Todd Phillips, Joaquin Phoenix & Robert De Niro
Back to an Even Bigger Garden: Massive Woodstock Box Set Planned for August have 327 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at May 8, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.