Sometimes, one wonders why men and women are not happy. Quentin Tarantino should have been a very happy man; the Cannes Film Festival waited for his latest adventure, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, to be completed in the laborious 35 mm format, and slotted it in the main Competition. The movie evoked a mixed reaction, but that is how Cannes has always been. Yet, Tarantino seemed edgy at his media conference on Wednesday afternoon. To questions on the portrayal of women in his cinema and disgraced director Roman Polanski, Tarantino’s replies were snappy and rude. He told a woman journalist from the New York Times to a question on why Margot Robbie (who plays Sharon Tate in the film) had so few lines: “I reject your hypothesis”. Brad Pitt in a still from the film.The director also refused to speak about violence against women, and mentioned Polanski in the passing – as he did in his movie, which many felt was sad given Roman’s magnificent cinema. Tarantino said that he had not spoken with Polanski before making the film.Tarantino’s answers had the dozens of journalists at the conference feeling angry. In fact, the master American… Read full this story
- Brad Pitt and Leonardo DiCaprio Channel '60s Cool on Set of Quentin Tarantino's New Movie
- Costars Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt Dance the Night Away After the SAG Awards
- Quentin Tarantino and Wife Daniella Expecting Their First Child: We Are 'Very Delighted'
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt Look Suave in First Look at Quentin Tarantino's Sharon Tate Movie
- Quentin Tarantino Marries Girlfriend Daniella Pick
- Quentin Tarantino Marries Daniella Pick in Intimate Wedding
- Why Brad Pitt Needed a Moment to 'Catch His Breath' After His Big Oscar Win
- Leonardo DiCaprio's girlfriend Camila Morrone looks angelic in strapless white gown as she flies solo on Oscars red carpet... before getting cosy with her boyfriend inside the show
- Brad Pitt, Renee Zellweger and Joaquin Phoenix lead the winners as they get their Academy Awards engraved during star-studded backstage celebration after triumphant night at the Oscars
- Camila Morrone, 22, stuns in a strapless sequin gown as she attends Vanity Fair's Oscars party without boyfriend Leonardo DiCaprio, 45
At Cannes, Quentin Tarantino loses his cool post screening of Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio starrer Once Upon a Time in Hollywood have 367 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at May 23, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.