The past decade has proved to be a tumultuous time in global politics with Brexit, the credit crisis and even #MeToo capturing our attention along the way. Last year’s Forbes Most Powerful People List – an accolade handed to those wielding the most influence in international affairs and business – shows we live in a very different world to that of ten years ago. In 2018, the list was topped by Chinese Premiere Xi Jinping, reflecting Beijing’s heightening economic and diplomatic might and featured more more high-profile women. Fortunes have been mixed for those who made the the same list in 2009, with fewer than half of the Top 10 still in place today. We take a look at the figures who made the list and see what they are doing now, highlighting just how much the world has changed… Number 1 – Barack Obama Barack Obama was riding high in the polls in 2009 before political wrangling in Washington and the persistent financial turmoil began to take some of the gloss off his election win. Now out of the spotlight, Obama and his wife Michelle have taken on the role as ambassadors for progressive causes such as international development… Read full this story
- Today's Debate Over Online Porn Started Decades Ago
- 10 Most Influential Tech Products
- The computer mouse has served for decades, but could its reign come to an end?
- The Dilemmas of Experimenting on People
- OPINION My Wish List for a Beleaguered Profession
- Want to try out this whole 3D printing thing? Check your local library
- FBI Aims to Pry Open New Channels for Web Surveillance
- 10 Games we hoped to see at E3, but didn’t
- Assassin’s Creed III’s writer talks about the secret history of the world
- From true crime to comedy, these are the best podcasts around
Who were the most influential people a decade ago have 291 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at April 7, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.