Brandon Tensley is the associate editor at New America, a host of Slate’s Outward podcast, and a contributing writer at Pacific Standard magazine, where he covers culture. The views expressed here are his. View more opinion on CNN. (CNN)One of the very few things that’s certain about any Beyoncé announcement is that nothing is really certain. This was true of last week’s reveal that Beychella — the nickname fans have given to the megastar’s history-making 2018 Coachella set — would be coming to Netflix. There was, almost immediately, speculation about whether the documentary, “Homecoming: A Film by Beyoncé,” which premiers today and charts “the emotional road from creative concept to cultural movement,” would be a sort of prelude to something else: a new single, a new album, another world tour. Brandon Tensley The question, in other words, was whether Beyoncé, who is no ordinary giver of gifts, would, well, “pull a Beyoncé.” Since her eponymous, out-of-the-blue 2013 album, pop culture has latched onto this phrase to describe, and show fealty to, the aura of surprise and mystery that has come to mark so many of the pop star’s releases. Or as Urban Dictionary has it: “suddenly [releasing] a work to… Read full this story
- Moral Authority? 'The UN Has No Real Power to Stop the Yemen War'
- 'Power Rangers: Battle For The Grid' Developer Answers Combo, DLC, and Console Questions
- Reminds Viewers Its Trump Tape Is ‘Very Real’
- Valley Bank closes $650+ million in commercial real estate loans
- Beyonce and Jay-Z 'disrespect the flag' as they sit during Super Bowl National Anthem
- Beyonce and Jay-Z’s First ‘On the Run’ Tour, Song by Song
- 'Miami nights': Beyonce shares snaps of Blue Ivy and romantic date night with Jay Z as she opens up her vacation photo album
- Beyonce and Blue Ivy Dress to Impress — and Match – at
- Kate Beckinsale keeps the party going as she heads to Jay-Z and Beyonce's Oscar gathering with her male friend Jonathan Voluck
- BBC Breakfast viewers compare Louise Minchin to Austin Powers while co-host Dan Walker pokes fun at her 'barrister'-inspired look as she hosts the show in a retro blouse
The real power of 'pulling a Beyonce' have 349 words, post on edition.cnn.com at April 17, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.