Taylor Swift donated $113,000 to the Tennessee Equality Project on April 8 along with a handwritten note on how a petition signed by more than 100 Tennessee faith leaders inspired her to show her support. Chris Sanders, Tennessee Equality Project’s leader, posted the note to the organization’s Facebook group. Taylor Swift’s note to the Tennessee Equality Project. (Image from Chris Sanders’ Facebook) “I’m writing you to say that I’m so inspired by the work you do, specifically in organizing the recent petition of Tennessee faith leaders standing up against the ‘Slate of Hate’ in our state legislature,” Swift writes.”Please convey my heartfelt thanks to them and accept this donation to support the work you and those leaders are doing. I’m so grateful that they’re giving all people a place to worship.” The Tennessee Equality Project is fighting a series of bills, which some refer to as the “Slate of Hate,” that would target LGBTQ individuals. One bill would allow adoption agencies to discriminate against same-sex couples on the basis of religious beliefs. Another bill would ban gay marriage in Tennessee while another would prevent government agencies from considering a business’s nondiscrimination policies before selecting a contract. Swift was known for not speaking out about her… Read full this story
- Taylor Swift Has Gay Friends and Also a GLAAD Vanguard Award
- Todrick Hall hits back at criticism over saying he took 'a little bit of ownership' for helping Taylor Swift support the LGBT community with song You Need To Calm Down
- Todrick Hall gushes over his friendship with Taylor Swift as he claims helping her use her voice to support the LGBT community has been 'one of his favourite things'
- Taylor Swift to Receive Vanguard Award at 2020 GLAAD Media Awards
- GLAAD Media Awards To Honor ‘Pose’ Producer Janet Mock And Grammy-Winning Musician Taylor Swift
- Taylor Swift, Janet Mock to Be Honored at GLAAD’S Media Awards
- Taylor Swift, Janet Mock to be honored by GLAAD
- Taylor Swift will receive the 2020 Vanguard Award at GLAAD Media Awards for her ongoing work with the LGBTQ community
- Taylor Swift to be honoured with GLAAD Vanguard Award
- From Taylor Swift to Parkland: 10 documentaries to watch in 2020
Taylor Swift donates $113,000 to Tennessee LGBTQ advocacy group have 370 words, post on www.watermarkonline.com at April 10, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.